Instant email notification

waltmail

Walt,

I'd call you that but then I'd be a Liar.

Try this...
Once you've logged in, look at the upper RH corner where you'll find the words "Sign Out". Just to the left of that you will see your login name. In your case "waltmail". Click on "waltmail" and a drop down list will appear. At the top of the right hand list will be the words

"My Settings". Click on "My Settings". That will take you to a page of options.
On the left hand side of the page, there is a list starting with "Profile Settings".  Second from the bottom of that list are the words "Notification Options". Click that. That will open a page that will give you every possible way to be, or not to be, notified of everything on the Forum.
Hope this helps.

John F.

• Like 1

Call me dumb, but I can't seem to activate "instant e mail notification" for my thread starts. Any ideas if it is an option and how to?

Hey dumb, this is Dumber, I am not getting notification emails either and I have signed in and out, tried every type of "setting" as John F spoke of and still don't get them. Have posted for help in the forum software help and moderator section to no avail. Anybody else down here not getting email notifications.

• Like 1

Just so you know...

I haven't tried to change any settings anywhere on this new Forum including anything in the "Notifications" section.

So, I don't know if selecting or deselecting any check-box changes anything or not.

Frankly I'm afraid to change something for fear that it's not what I'd intended and won't be able to change back.

Hopefully you guys and gals will get it all sorted out and we'll all learn something.

Anyway, good luck.

John F.

Ronnie, thanks.  I've done that exercise several times. Not to say I'm not doing something wrong but danged if I can see it....

I have not received any emails since the change over. And I didn't make any changes until I tried fixing the problem.

and I have checked my spam box...

Guest Corvanti

still nothing showing on my yahoo email - running Firefox - on threads i've responded to and new posts. i don't think it's "us" - it's the new Forum software that needs tinkering with...

in the meantime, i suppose i'll check for the "Dark Star" ;) when looking on this forum for responses. :blink:

The email notifications work with my Comcast email account just fime. I just tested it again to make sure it is still working. Below is a copy of what I received.

You do have to click the "Follow this forum" or "Follow this topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page to get the email notifications started. Are you guys doing that? 

EDIT: Removed entry

AACA Forums
Ronnie,

Corvanti has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Instant email notification".
_______________________________________________________________________________________

still nothing showing on my yahoo email - running Firefox - on threads i've responded to and new posts. i don't think it's "us" - it's the new Forum software that needs tinkering with...

in the meantime, i suppose i'll check for the "Dark Star" ;) when looking on this forum for responses. :blink:

______________________________________________________________________________________

The topic can be found here: http://forums.aaca.org/topic/257319-instant-email-notification/?view=getnewpost

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an
email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.
This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Guest Corvanti

What did you have to do to get it to start working?

i went in where John F. (Machiner) suggested and started clicking anything i could find that might help. one of check boxes somewhere wasn't clicked. ok, i just looked again, and it was in "Notification Preferences". i clicked on all the email boxes., since my e-mail address was still listed. the first row of check boxes, "Notification List" i think is for folks that have instant messenger services like msn messenger, skype, etc. 

hope that helps! :)