1959 Simca Aronde P60

Luv2Wrench

Saw these for sale on Craigslist and went to see it. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/5016182190.html

Was prepared to buy them and was pretty excited about it.

Not a lot of rust on the coupe and it was a pretty good looking car.  One good engine and two spares. Looked like all the little bits and trim (save for one piece) were accounted for and useable. 

Sedan was really rough but had good glass and was packed with extra parts.  Hood (that fits the coupe) had issues and would have been a handful to salvage.

The coupe's driver's side window is missing and has probably been missing for awhile... floor pan is almost gone yet others are good.

Rust through in the trunk skin (double walled) and where the window meets the rear quarters looked pretty tricky to fix.

I looked around for parts and they are pretty hard to come by.   It's a very small car... look at it compared to the SUV.

All in all, I decided not to get it.  Would have been a cool car to work on but really looked more like a problem than a project. :)

The guy that selling them is a good guy but he's done with the cars.  They are priced just barely over scrap value.  He's got a hauler so if someone wants these they could get them pretty easy.  Otherwise I think they're gone to the scrap yard.

post-107961-0-10431900-1432764670_thumb.

post-107961-0-56891300-1432764730_thumb.