SOLD 1969 Olds Cutlass S Convertible

gallery_87514_123_75879.jpg

Assembled in Lansing, MI, one of 13,498 Cutlass S Model 33667 Convertibles produced, this Topaz Poly's modern history begins in New Jersey, in 2007. Treated to a cosmetic frame-on resto, the owner paid the pre-crash premium for a pretty convertible on which a lot of work had been done, and always kept it garaged. In 2009 the family moved to South Carolina and continued the car's pampered life, until the owner's unexpected passing in early-2014. I'm helping his young widow sell the car.

I got the car out of its latest garage this Memorial Day weekend (it hasn't been licensed since May, 2013), and today put the top up for the first time in years. The Cutlass had been started fairly regularly during its slumber, and fired right up after a battery charge and some fresh gas. The 250 hp, 350 cid Olds Rocket V-8 sounds good, it started and stopped in the neighborhood and drove onto the trailer, but it's not been on the road yet. PS, PB, and AT all performed well. 

The Topaz paint is still fresh, with small flaws here and there evident after its washing. The power top fits well, works perfectly and looks almost as good as the day it was installed, presumably around '07. The chrome and stainless are better than very good, very presentable. It has a new windshield, some of the best side glass I've ever seen, and all the body rubber is still fresh and pliable. Again, I assume much of this was done in '07, but have no way of knowing.

Some effort was made on the chassis and engine compartment, but they're now DPC driver-quality. The Gold interior is a combination of original and new, with an excellent dash pad. The door panel bottoms were dyed, and the back quarters may have new vinyl on the armrest portion. Kick panels and belt retractors have been dyed, too. The seat facings were probably redone, but appear to have original headrests and bolsters. The driver's seat has issues, but the rest is fine. The top boot fits well.

The original steering wheel has been replaced by a Grant walnut unit, and the AM radio by an AM/FM cassette that can be used with an ipod or phone via a cassette tape adapter (original AM radio is in the trunk). Glove box, trunk, interior and exterior lights all work fine; the factory AC blows, but not cold. The wipers work but the blades need to be replaced. 

The American Racing wheels have mismatched but serviceable radials, sorry, the originals are long gone. The Cutlass has a big crease (no paint loss or cracks) in the right rear fender that may be fixed by the dentless repair route; there's no evidence of the bumper being smacked. As a former Northern car, expect some body filler from the 2007 refresher. Also, the outboard left headlight bezel has a small chip. 

That said, this "S" still presents itself very well and will make a fine cruiser for the new owner to enjoy while deciding on upgrades.

The VIN is 336679M241436, and it's priced at $12,500 with any reasonable offer considered. The Cutlass is in Anderson, SC (I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta) for inspection. Please send me a PM for phone, email, and any additional info.

There are 55 more images in this Gallery Album, and Owner's, Chassis and Body Manuals are included in the sale. 

Thanks for looking!

Tom Gibson

AACA Life Member 100691

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Forgot to add the mileage, it's 113K. I like that the Cutlass S uses the 4-4-2 hood and wheel lip trim. 

Though it doesn't have the buckets and console option, the bench seat lets you get close to your honey!

Again, any reasonable offer will be considered.

Thanks,

TG

• 1 month later...