SCAM ALERT-JEFF HARRIGAN-JFFHARRIGAN481@GMAIL.COM

I'VE BEEN ADVERTISING FOR A RADIATOR AND STATER FOR 1950 WILLYS ON THIS AACA SITE.  THE ABOVE REPLIES HE HAS "AS GOOD PERFECT UNITS FOR $250.00 POSTAGE PAID. HOWEVER HIS PAY PAL ACCOUNT IS DORMANT AND HE REQUIRES WESTERN UNION  MONEYGRAM FOR PAYMENT. I ASK FOR PHOTOS AND HE INFORMS ME "HE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH UPLOADING IMAGES BUT UNIT IS PERFECT. SO FINALLY I ASKED HIM IF THE WILLYS RADIATOR-FOR  4 CYLINDER MOTOR- HAS 3 BOTTOM OUTLETS AND HE TELLS ME "YES 3 BOTTOM OUTLETS"  YEAH-3 BOTTOM OUTLETS?  SCAMMER. I WONDER IF HE HAS APPROACHED ANY OTHER MEMBERS. MAYBE THE ADMINISTRATOR CAN KICK HIM OFF OR BLOCK HIM FOR GETTING ON THE SITE.

If you received a message or email through the AACA PM or Email forwarding system, you should have a user name for the scammer. Please let me know the scammer's user name so I can deal with it. If you did not receive the message through the AACA Forum's Messaging or Email system, we may not be able to do anything about it. If you listed your email address in your ad, anybody, registered on the site or not, is able to send you a direct email. That is why it is not a very good idea to list an email address in a ad on a site such as this one.

I've received the exact same email via the forum:

spaddock587@gmail.com

$eanpdk

Steer clear of this one as well.

RumRunner,

What is the user name of this scammer so I can ban him/her?

Anyone who receives a scam email or PM from another forum user needs to let the moderators know so we can ban them. On PMs, you can simply hit the report button and it will forward the scam PM to the moderators so we can handle it. 

RumRunner,

What is the user name of this scammer so I can ban him/her?

Anyone who receives a scam email or PM from another forum user needs to let the moderators know so we can ban them. On PMs, you can simply hit the report button and it will forward the scam PM to the moderators so we can handle it. 

Here's the entire first email I received.  I think its the "via aaca.org" that makes it seem legit.  Up until they need a wire transfer and can't send pictures.  I looked for a user name but couldn't find any.  I'm not certain they actually use the PM function:

$eanpdk - AACA Forums spaddock587@gmail.com via aaca.org 

Feb 13

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

This is a message from $eanpdk at AACA Forums ( http://forums.aaca.org/index.php ). The AACA Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email $eanpdk, you can use this online form:

http://forums.aaca.org/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=106616

OR, by email:

mailto:spaddock587@gmail.com

This is the message:

Let me know via email if you still need the  1937 Chevy Coupe Master Deluxe Front Bumper.

spaddock587@gmail.com

RumRunner,

That appears to show the user name as "$eanpdk". There is not registered user with that name. Unless it was an email from a user that we have already banned, it appears that your email was a spoofed version of an AACA email. Possibly since we keep banning the scammers, that one decided to simply create an email that appeared to come from the AACA email system. 

Please report anything suspicous to the moderators and we will do our best to take care of them.

• 7 months later...