1930 Production Numbers

I believe the Wikipedia source was a book labeled "Cars of the Classic 30's".

Does anyone have this book that could verify the production breakdown for the Dodge lineup in 1930 ?

"The Dodge Story" and "The Standard Catalog of Chrysler 1924-1994" has breakdowns of the production numbers for the passenger vehicles.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Hello Dave,

The numbers I quoted are just passenger cars, no trucks. The truck motors were not the same as passenger car motors, I am sure you know that. Some of the documents I use were given to me with understanding that they not be published and with one source I was told not to share with others without permission. I can't be of much help concerning the trucks since most of my research has been on the DC-8, DD-6, DE-6 and DF-6.  

I have a DA 6 from a passenger car and two from "E" series trucks. What are the differences between them? Can I see differences without tearing done a good car engine?

Possible difference in main bearing size. If there is a parts listing for main bearings available there may be verification. Was the valve train assembly different?

By the way, Wikipedia shows a total of over 90,000 Dodge units produced for 1930.

For what it's worth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Automobile_Production_Figures

Why are there no Dodge numbers for 1928?  I guess that is why Chrystler was buying DB out....so maybe that is right and there are no 1928s?

My car was build in July/Aug 1926 and it called a 1927 series (per the serial number charts).  Does that mean mine was one of 180,000 (1927 production numbers) or one of 265,000 (1926  prodcution numbers)? 

I have a DA 6 from a passenger car and two from "E" series trucks. What are the differences between them? Can I see differences without tearing done a good car engine?

Possible difference in main bearing size. If there is a parts listing for main bearings available there may be verification. Was the valve train assembly different?

Thanks for being one of the 5

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Parts numbers when comparing in the books with passenger DA6 engines does show different numbers listed for bearings.

Different casting numbers on the exterior components such as the head is another example.

When you got the DA6 engine from AZ you probably noticed a difference in the trans/clutch assembly as well..

They are different in subtle ways. I can send you parts list comparisons if you would like.

So the bearings are the same.

What other components of the engine would be different? Pistons. connecting rods, valves, camshaft. Nor sure why block or head would be different. I would like to see the parts list comparison you mentioned.

I noticed the passenger car DA6 has the exhaust manifold exit at the front of the engine whereas the truck DA6 exhaust exits the rear of the engine.

Is it possible all you need to make a passenger DA into a truck DA is replace the exhaust manifold.

So the bearings are the same.

What other components of the engine would be different? Pistons. connecting rods, valves, camshaft. Nor sure why block or head would be different. I would like to see the parts list comparison you mentioned.

I noticed the passenger car DA6 has the exhaust manifold exit at the front of the engine whereas the truck DA6 exhaust exits the rear of the engine.

Is it possible all you need to make a passenger DA into a truck DA is replace the exhaust manifold.

Thanks again

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)