TV Show wants you....

Hello,

I am looking for antique cars in need of being fixed up.

My name is Andrew and I am a producer for BBC Worldwide. The show on the History channel called Lost in Transmission is in search of new cars. Best part of it all is the network pays to fix up the car as we tape the progress! Check out current episodes of the show here.

I am more than happy to chat with you more about this and answer any questions you have. Please forward this along to your friends/family/fellow car lovers. I have posted the original casting below and attached a flyer.

LOST IN TRANSMISSION IS NOW CASTING!

Automotive aficionado and TOP GEAR co-host, Rutledge Wood, and fellow car fanatic, George Flanigen, are hitting the road with one mission: rescue and restore America’s most under-appreciated classic cars

Do you have a rare ride from the past that you need to get back on the road to live another day?

Email transmission@producinghollywood.com:

1. Name and Age

2. Location

3. Contact Info

4. Car make & model

5. Pictures of you and the car interior and exterior

6. Quick bio: What’s your story? What needs to be done to car? Where did you buy the car? What it would mean to you to get it?

Andrew Ward

Associate Producer

Lost in Transmission

BBC Worldwide

transmission@producinghollywood.com

Sorry guys, I will post the flyer later..in a hurry. This could be an opportunity for one of you. No, I am not endorsing the show...Steve

Steve,

This is one of those "deals" that sounds too good to be true.  You must know more than what was described in a flyer concerning this offer, otherwise you'd have posted this under a scam warning.  What's your read on this ... a real "deal"?

Curious,

Grog

I suspect that if this is a production of the BBC World Service, it pretty much has to be legitimate. I would much sooner talk to them than some fly-by-night production company trying to sell a series to the Discovery channel. Remember, Top Gear was one of the most lucrative shows produced by the BBC, sold in markets all over the world, so I'd guess they both know what they are doing and have the financial wherewithal to back it up. If I did have a car that might fit their situation I would certainly talk to them...

It would help to know if they want cars in London or Hollywood. I doubt they want to transport a car, and owner, half way around the world and back.

Now if they were doing shows in Toronto I could help them as I live about 70 miles from there. Classic Car Rescue did some shows in Toronto, so there is that possibility.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

As far as I know this is the real deal.  This show is produced in the USA.  I have seen several episodes and it is not my PERSONAL cup of tea BUT it could be a great way for one of you to get a car done at no cost to you.  If I had the "right" car I would absolutely consider giving it a try. 

I've seen the show, it's ok but not as good as I hoped. Seems most of the cars have been located in the Georgia area that have been refurbished so far. They are not doing restorations, just fix ups to make them road worthy again.