Reatta Rally- 2015

Cargirl

We had a terrific time in LA May 17th, 2015 at the LA All GM Show sponsored by the BCA of LA. We had 5 Reatta's come out to play and a good time was had by all. A sincere "Thank You" goes out to Reatta Forum's own Ervin for planning this meet-up and making it something special. In addition to all the show's planned events, we had a special Reatta raffle and everyone when home with rare and interesting Reatta memorabilia. Some of the members of the local BCA chapter mentioned that at all the car show meet-ups, the Reatta owners always seem to have the most fun. I have to agree. I have attended more car shows than most and the Reatta owners really have a bond and friendship right from the start. I guess that's why this Reatta forum is better than most, the people involved. I hope you enjoy the photo's.

post-77843-0-82149400-1432141364_thumb.jpost-77843-0-21237000-1432141403_thumb.jpost-77843-0-96927400-1432141460_thumb.jpost-77843-0-45631900-1432141497_thumb.jpost-77843-0-68783400-1432141511_thumb.jpost-77843-0-02526300-1432141529_thumb.j

post-77843-0-36888000-1432142268_thumb.j

post-77843-0-44557700-1432143052_thumb.j

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Brenda - Don't confuse (some might say insult) last Sunday's Reatta Rally with the 'Rendezvous' held during National's. :)  

The Reatta Rally was especially nice this year as it was more intimate than previous years. Weather was great along with some great comedy (and new friends) to boot!

While there were only six in attendance, I take pride that three came from out of state (Washington, Tennessee and of course, Arizona). May also include Paul G. and his wife (sorry I forgot her name) who flew in from Houston on a moment's notice to pick up a low mileage, exquisite Santa Barbara red convertible (25,200 miles - you read correctly). Paul should serve time for theft as he stole that car from the seller.

Anyway, not too shabby a weekend. If everyone had half as good a time as I did, then job well done. Kudos to Steve Scott for winning his 'Best In Show' plaque for his Select 60.  I'll post some photos as well soon.

Edited by Bushwack (see edit history)

I have always wanted to make it to LA for the Reatta Rally. I think you had more cars in attendance than we have in the whole state of Kansas. Its great to live in the middle of the US, its just as far to each coast.

Would like to see some of the West Coast folks travel to the middle of the US for the National Meet in Springfield. Might not get another chance

Ervin good job as usual

Chuck

• Like 1

Thanks for the photos!  Hopefully I will be able to attend next year.

Was the Santa Barbara convertible the one with the wire wheels?

And the all important question is: Did Jay Leno show up?  And if so, which car did he bring?

Thanks for the photos!  Hopefully I will be able to attend next year.

Was the Santa Barbara convertible the one with the wire wheels?

And the all important question is: Did Jay Leno show up?  And if so, which car did he bring?

The Santa Barbara Reatta was your typical red/tan convertible with OEM wheels.  It truly sold for an embarrassing low price (embarrassing if you were the seller).

Leno didn't show.  First time I can recall in 15+ years attending the show that he wasn't there.  I was hoping he'd come in his jet car. The last time he came with his jet car we "heard" him five minutes before he arrived.

I see what appears to be a Tennessee plate on one of the red Reattas. What city were they from?  Is that someone here on the forum?

That was Colleen and Jack, they live in Tenn & Cali. Super nice people and I encouraged them to join the forum, Colleen said she would attempt it. They have a very interesting Reatta story and really love their Reatta!