Forum breakfast survey

JohnD1956

Forum Gatehring, breakfast or lunch?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Forum Gathering, breakfast or lunch?

• Breakfast at 6:30 AM near by Host Hotel
    • Lunch at 11:30 AM at nearby restaurant
    • Lunch at 11:30 AM at local Hooters?

I just noted that the BOD meeting on Friday starts at 8 AM. And since I believe the last two Swap Meet Gift Exchanges took nearly 1 1/2 hours I thought it might be appropriate to survey the group to see what you'd rather do for the Forum Gathering. As I see it, we could either meet at 6:30 AM for Breakfast somewhere within vicinity of the host hotel, Or meet at 11:30 AM for Lunch at a local restaurant ( in which case Hooters is back on the possibilities) .

Before a lot of plans are made, which would you prefer? Please see the survey attached. This one will remain private so you don't have to admit you prefer to go to Hooters. But please answer only if you plan to attend. Thanks

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

I was initially skeptical at the Hooters choice last year. I had only been to the restaurant one other time in my life. I am not a prude by any means, I just thought it was a stupid idea for a restaurant. Last years "breakfast" was one of the best I can remember. It was actually a perfect venue. It is quiet enough to hear, but loud enough that we didn't disturb anybody. We all have to eat lunch anyway. The BoD members can actually show up. We can have a beer if we want one. It isn't godawful early in a room that we have to pre-arrange with a staff member who doesn't want to show up with breakfast at 6:30 am... Want more reasons? :)

I saw that you posted that it was a 15 minute drive. I walked last year and it took me 15 minutes, so I don't think that should come into play.

So far it seems like lunch is the consensus and it makes some sense for reasons previously noted. Whether it is at Hooters or some other locale doesn't matter much to me. I like things within walking distance, but if we are going far enough that we need to drive, we should consider who wants (or is willing) to drive over...saves a bit of fuel if nothing else.

"Morning rushes"? Beer before Noon?? I bet 5563 hasn't been to the Twin Peaks restaurants, either? Hooters' revenues has flattened somewhat, as Twin Peaks has increased in the past few years fwiw. Are BOD meetings really that short these days?

NTX5467

I'm in. I voted twice...kind of surprised that it let me. No, I'm not from Chicago.

11:30 sounds great to me. I'm okay with either restaurant choice. Walking distance would be good for some folks I'm sure, but Hooters worked well last year.

Thank for the concern Frank. I probably should not have allowed multiple choices in this survey, but I could not find a way to edit it when it was started. So interpreting the results is difficult. But I did ask that only those planning to attend should respond. I imagine those who are booking tours looked at the proposed plans and already made their decision about attending. Maybe that's why just 12 people have voted. Since multiple choices are available it seems prudent to keep it simple and say the choice with the most votes is the way to go. Hopefully more will join in as they make their plans. As it stands now, we could all just sit at the bar.

• 2 weeks later...