New Wheels

gkhashem

I am getting a bit excited finally have had the time to get my baby's wheels re-machined to their original look. I have so many cars the wheels have taken a back seat.

Also new tires to go along with the refinished wheels and caps. My tires are about 12-15 years old so I figured while the wheels are off time to dump the old tires.

Then no lousy clip in weights on the wheels to scratch the wheels. This was done before I got the car.

So the car will look OEM. I got 41,250 miles and she works looks new still. But as everyone knows she runs like new too. They really ride nice for a small car.

Will do with the shots. Of all my cars I think the Reatta really feels like the best ride, except my 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe. But of the older cars it is the best riding car. It has the feel of a car that holds the road really well for a car of that era. A heavy ride that seems to hug the road decently.

Anyway here is a link to my toys.

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/gkhashem/library/?sort=3&page=0&postlogin=true

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here are the shots they came out real well. The one center cap that look lighter was a used replacement since one of mine had a deep gouge in it. So I bought a replacement two years ago.

So the picture shows it as lighter. In person a little better than the photo but as we know the caps are hard to repair. That's why NOS caps are going for 825.00. I got my 4 wheels done for 550.00. A real reasonable price.

I did mount new tires also since mine were about 15 years old.

004_zpsds4wda52.jpg

003_zpsciv3xbql.jpg

002_zpskllzjj9n.jpg

001_zps56qhj1mq.jpg

Edited by gkhashem (see edit history)

Ok I linked pictures as you can see the last one shows the lighter cap. That' s the one I bought and was sun faded. But my orignial was gashed bad.

Too bad since you can see the lighter side. Overall a vast improvement over the old scratched wheels. Also weights are hidden and will not damage the wheels!!!

Also I got 4 new tires from tire rack for $304.00 after $50.00 rebate. A nice deal for 70000 mile tires which will never see 70000 miles! But they are blackwall, since, my inherited tires had raised white letters.

Here is a shot of a wheel before, actually one of the better of the lot.

015_zpsdded5dfe.jpg

Thank you Keith.

They sure beat the garbage wheels someone tried to sell me. It cost me $550.00 for the wheels less than the junk that was sold to me 2 years ago. I think it was a fair price, plus they were concerned the machining was going to go into the BUICK logo but it did not!!! So I was real happy with the result.

Sort of local 35 miles away nice people. They use a lathe of some sort and machined the wheels. They take off some of the outer metal that's why they were worried that they would go down too far and lose BUICK. Then they clear coat them.

One wheel had a good gouge in it, but they were ok. If he went down too far he was ready to get someone to reproduce the BUICK on a decal on one wheel then clear it. They said it would look fine. But in the end they did not need to do this.