2015 FORUM BREAKFAST ROSTER

JohnD1956

Do we have a day picked yet? I won't be coming in until Thursday night. Mud

It's usually on Friday Mud, I'm counting Parkertom and Adam.  Did you guys make a choice on the poll? 

I does not matter if you are a contributor, seeking answers, or just sit back to look and learn, or get a laugh out of some of the Antics that go on here. All Forum Members are equally excepted at the forum Breakfast. Bring a friend and get them involved also with the forum. I have a full plate this year and also will not attend myself. Looking forward to Allentown PA. I heard there will be no Prewar After tour at Springfield. Dandy Dave!  

Time is drawing near to finalize the plans.  I apologize for making two threads on this  topic but what's done, is a lesson learned.  Meanwhile,  if everyone who is attending would please make sure they voted on the topic with the poll by Monday, then on Tuesday I'll work on what ever plan has the most votes.  In the case of a tie on any, or all, options, I will be tipping the vote to the Hooters @ noon.   Here is the other topic:  http://forums.aaca.org/topic/256265-forum-breakfast-survey/

Looking forward to yet another great time in Springfield with all ya'all!!!

Yes, there is a gift exchange. The basics are : bring a gift valued ar $20.00 or less to participate. The exchange is run in the fashion of a Yankee Swap, and is totally optional! Try to avoid glass objects as they seem prone to destruction on site. Liquor in any form is highly coveted, but we have also seen Squirrel underpants.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a gift exchange. The basics are : bring a gift valued ar $20.00 or less to participate. The exchange is run in the fashion of a Yankee Swap, and is totally optional! Try to avoid glass objects as they seem prone to destruction on site. Liquor in any form is highly coveted, but we have also seen Squirrel underpants.

Are they wrapped?

Swap gifts are wrapped, although we've seen everything from brown paper bag, to newspaper to elaborate theme gifts ( thanks Cindy Livingston).

For those who don't know what a Yankee swap is here are the basic rules:

Each participant brings a wrapped gift and then draws a numbered ticket.  The matching ticket number half goes into the common drawing bowl. 

A random number is drawn as Player One.

Player One draws the ticket for the next player from the bowl. Then Player One takes any wrapped gift they so desire, unwraps it, and shows it to the group.  

Player Two draws the ticket for the next player from the bowl, then has two options.  Either "steal" the open gift, or select another unwrapped gift, which is opened and shown to the group.  As the game progresses, any open gift is available to be stolen.   If an active player steals a gift, the participant who "lost" the gift then has two options. Steal another open gift, or take another wrapped gift. The rule is;  if you lost a gift, you cannot steal it back immediately.  The round ends when a wrapped gift is chosen, opened and shown to the group.

Once the last player has their turn, then Player One, who had no opportunity to steal a gift during their active turn, has the final option to swap with any opened gift.  The game ends when the last person who loses a gift, in this final round, is satisfied with the gift they have .

Every participant winds up with one gift.

For those who don't know what a Yankee swap is here are the basic rules:

Each participant brings a wrapped gift and then draws a numbered ticket.  The matching ticket number half goes into the common drawing bowl. 

A random number is drawn as Player One.

Player One draws the ticket for the next player from the bowl. Then Player One takes any wrapped gift they so desire, unwraps it, and shows it to the group.  

Player Two draws the ticket for the next player from the bowl, then has two options.

Using two decks of cards is another option. Buickman cards. :)  Speaking of Buickman... oh crap, when is this thing. OH NO, I thought it was in July. Crap, I gots to get busy.