Wanted - Door Hinges for a 1937 Dodge Panel Van

Guest jaymista

Guest jaymista

I have a friend rebuilding a 37 Dodge Panel truck. He is looking for 4 only door hinges for the two front doors on a 1937 Dodge Panel Van or Panel Truck or whatever it might be called. I believe the pickup and the van used the same hinges but I could be wrong. My friend is out of work and his wife is undergoing chemo for cancer and has gone through 4 out of 8 chemo sessions. If anyone can help me in this regard, it would be very much appreciated. I have no idea where to look for such hinges.

You posted this in another forum:

(I have a friend of mine who is rebuilding a 1937 Dodge Panel Van (I think that is what you call it.) and needs 4 only door hinges for the two front doors. It is my understanding that all 1937 Dodge car and truck models used the same hinges. Has anyone some for sale or know where or who I might contact?)

Humpback and p/u is the same.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Guest jaymista
If you have a 'sample' hinge pin you can have some new ones machined...

We are looking into it. Right now all we have is a couple of pieces of the hinge and it doesn't quite work. We approached a machinery a couple of months ago to try to get 4 custom made but we are still waiting for them.

Guest jaymista
We have 14 of them. Made from 1933 to 1938. 1/2 ton to 1 3/4 ton.

They also made panels.

Panel is the blue truck

Humpback is the red truck

[ATTACH=CONFIG]306817[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306818[/ATTACH]

He is rebuilding a Humpback!

Dave,

you don't have any hinges you could help him out with ? I have some hinges but I have no idea what they go to. Can one of you fine gents post a pic of what they look like ? Maybe someone else can help....:cool:

I have Dave.

He is running another post on (Buy/Sell).