Chrysler C-17

Povertycove

Is the 1937 C-17 Chrysler a Classic, or not? In the Buy and Sell on this Forum there is a C-17 listed for sale, and as a Classic. I checked the CCCA website, and the C-17 isn't listed. I sure hope that it is considered a classic, as I am awfully proud of mine. The C-17 should be a classic.

Guest bkazmer
Is the 1937 C-17 Chrysler a Classic, or not? In the Buy and Sell on this Forum there is a C-17 listed for sale, and as a Classic. I checked the CCCA website, and the C-17 isn't listed. I sure hope that it is considered a classic, as I am awfully proud of mine. The C-17 should be a classic.

You've innocently stumbled into an old discussion. If you want to call it a classic, no one will have an issue, and please continue to be proud of and enjoy your car . It's not a CCCA Classic or Full Classic - the website explains the criteria. There has been considerable controversy about the newer "border cutoffs," especially regarding your car's descendant Town and Country.

I spoke with an official of the CCCA last night here in Sarasota ( at an AACA meeting) and he reiterated that the C-17 is considered a Full Classic by the CCCA. But in and earlier response, a writer said that it was an Imperial Airflow C-17 that was accepted. As far as I know, the Imperial designation was not accorded to the C17, though it was accorded to earlier Airflows.

There were no Imperial Airflows in 1937, but the 1937 Airflow C-17s were essentially facelifted 1936 Imperials. I suspect that they would fall under the CCCA's "essentially the same" rule and would be included. I'll ask around and see if I can confirm.

Confirmed. The C-17 is indeed a Full Classic. Verified by David Schultz, former president of the CCCA.

On a related note, I'm kind of casually looking for a 1936-37 Airflow Imperial/C-17 for myself, so if anyone has one...

(Yes, I already talked to the owner of the one in the Buy/Sell section.)

Confirmed. The C-17 is indeed a Full Classic. Verified by David Schultz, former president of the CCCA.

Thank you for confirming that, Matt. The Airflow Club, like the HHFranklin Club, is strong, and they have a good classified section. Again. The

1937 isn't,,technically, an Imperial, but I can tell you, you won't find a better touring car.