Senior Award

Would like to know how many points need to be scored to receive a Senior award and also is there a way to receive a copy of the judging sheet showing the point deductions

Paul,<P>" The vehicle must have the highest score in the class with a minimum score of 375 to win this Senior award. Any other vehicle scoring within 10 points of the highest score and above 375, will also be awarded a Senior award."<P>Contact: Dave Berg ~ E-Mail address is <BR>davbergltd@aol.com<P>Rick

You must contact the VP Class Judging to get info on the judging sheet - thus the suggestion to contact Dave Berg in Rick's response. However, he will only respond if you DID NOT get the award you were seeking, i.e. if you were competing for a Senior and won a Senior - no info available. If you did not get the Senior you were competing for, the info available will be only where points were deducted, not how many points were deducted. Recommendation - Do not be belligerent or verbose when requesting the information. Simply ask for the information - period!

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Paul, Get a judges manual from National, it is only $3.00 and read it! Go to a judges seminar (given on the Friday of meets, except Hershey) You will have a better understanding of the process. SalG

Another idea would be to find out who are judges in your local chapter/region. Ask them if they would mind looking at your car and telling you what they see as possible deductions. I have done this for several people I know. I do make it my policy not to do it the morning of a show. They might see something you simply overlooked. Remember, we aren't experts on all makes and models. Try to find someone that knows your kind of car or at least that era.<p>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 07-28-2000).]

Actually at a Grand Naional it is 375 and a 5 point spread (within 5 points of the top car). The Grand National Senior is 390....anybody scores 390 and you get it, no spreads. Regular Meets it's 365 for a first, but only if you are within 10 points of the top scorer.

According to the 2000 Official Judging Manual a Grand National Senior requires a score of 390 with ALL vehicles in the class receiving 390 or higher being winners even if one gets 400 and the others 390.<P>Other award minimums at a Grand National are:<P>1st 380 <BR>2nd 370<BR>3rd 360<P>The 5 point spread for a tie is in effect for all levels except Senior at a GN.<P>At ALL meets 350 minimum is required for a preservation award.