1946 Chevy Woodie

Guest rhastings1

Guest rhastings1

Just wondering what a 1946 Chevy Woodie in restore able condition may be worth. And also how rare it may be I think they only made 804 of them but I don't know how many still exist. Thanks

Kind of a tough question to answer. If you can show some pictures it would be helpful. What exactly do you mean by "restorable" condition. Are the floors intact, any rust thru? Is the body wood intact or badly rotted or missing? A total re-body is very expensive. How about the mechanicals, engine trans, brakes etc. Parts for Chevys are harder to come by than Ford parts.

Guest rhastings1

Yes I will try to load some pics later. It has been in a barn since 1974 I actually had to cut one side of the barn to get it out. floors ok missing one rear fender an d a couple door hinges other than that all original. the engine does turn over not stuck. the wood is all there good for patterns.Thanks for your reply

The rear fender and door hinges are going to be tough, but not impossible, to locate. If you are not a member of the National Woodie Club I would suggest joining, www.nationalwoodieclub.com. With your membership you will receive a monthly copy of the "Woodie Times" and that will give you access to the want ads. Sounds like a real survivor car, good luck with your project and keep us posted on your progress!

I don't know what model body they call your car. It is very different than the car style body. It looks like it in decent shape and very restorable. When it's done you will have a unique vehicle. Where are you located? Are you planing on doing your own woodwork? If not we can give you recommendations on people that specialize on "Woodies".