1935 Color Schemes

I have a 1935 Buick Model 41 that has been almost restored to orginal but the car is painted Embassy Blue and I would like to put some pazazz in the color. What colors were offered FROM the factory for this car? I am hoping to repaint the fenders but I am concerned about what colors were available in 1935. The interior will be maroon mohair with a birds eye maple dash. I have been careful to keep it orginal as possible. My thoughts have been to only add accessaries that were available in 1935. Somebody please give me a hand with this question as I have posted on 4 other boards without an answer. Lloyd from Washington.<P>------------------<BR>

Perhaps there are others that can directly answer your question. I assume they will respond here if they can.<P>If you are a AACA member, the AACA library has an extensive collection and can probably help. I know that they had color information for my 1933 Plymouth. I would be very surprised if they did not have information about a 1935 Buick.

Lloyd,<P>I agree with Tod that contacting the AACA Library and Reserch Center may be you best bet if your question remains unanswered here.<BR>I personally am not aware of a '35 Buick 40 series or other series being painted two toned or having different painted fenders. It is possible that there may have been special ordered fleet or company schemes available, but not off the line retail sales to the best of my knowledge.<BR>One item has me wondering though, you mention a maroon color interior. I was only aware of Taupe Mohair and Tan Whipcord and Broadcloth. I may be mistaken. I will check in my references tomorrow and let you know if I find anything different in the paint schemes, but I still don't think so.<BR>Don't underestimate the overall appearance of your vehicle in solid paint form. A well refinished or original '35 Buick is a very sharpe automobile.<P>Rick

A word on accessories. They can NEVER add points to your car. They can however cost you points if they are less than perfect or if they are non authentic. Add accessories carefully if you are serious about having the car judged. But if accessories turn you on, got for it and be sure they are correct and good. ~~ HV

One more item on accessories. Howard is correct if the accessories are authentic manufacturer items. Non-factory accessories, even if they were available at the time will cause deductions. This is a very real problem since dealers often added accessories to make a few more bucks and these items were quite frequently not factory options.