39BuickEight

garage ideas/placement

I have just acquired a 30 X 50 five year old garage with heat and large front and rear side doors 11 feet ceilings. Have just finished the floor epoxy coating and well and septic so now to organize it. Any references to bounce ideas on?

Robert

Where are you located?

Eastern shore of Maryland

I am north of Detroit.  If we were closer would have you come over and visit my garage where I do my winter work because it is warmmmm.

I enjoy garage visits!! Thanks for the offer. I am in cabinet phase with this one Larry. If not finished I can work out of old shop to prep for Hershey.

My main hang up is lighting now as builder installed a bunch of old T12's with a low k number cool white so not sure about converting them or going to something else. My old shop area is HO bulbs which is better.

Robert

One of the most fun local Tours for our club us the Garage Tour.

Fun to see others projects, layouts and junk.

Volunteer to lay out the tour for for driveable antique cars, you'll be a hero.

Well, it's been some time, but here we are.  I ended up planning and starting a 24x40 with a 12/12 pitch and a loft.  Supposedly the concrete is being poured as we speak.  Block was done a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_3149.JPG

Just asking, why the 12/12 pitch ?

There can't be that much snow load in KY, can there ?

I'm in Colorado @ 8500' on the continental divide and my barn has a 4/12 pitch,

though it is a metal roof, and you could not get snow to stick if you tried.

Mike in Colorado

Hi guys, yeah it 12/12.  I wanted a big additional space upstairs, plus the front of the house is 12/12, so it matches

more photos, roof is done now

just need windows, brick, siding/fascia/gutters, and final concrete outside

IMG_3570.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3580.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Looking good.

When does the '39 get home ? (moved from where it is now)

" restoration thread below, I have no idea what that picture is as it is not my car or in my thread??? "

Cannot see where that image is coming from. You can link as text only, so it does not show an image

Thanks Danny, still some time before all the body work and paint is done-maybe a year or 2.

My signature doesn't have any text at all related to that photo.  I actually tried deleting my signature completely and redoing it, but when I linked the restoration back to it, that picture of some other car pulls back up...???

Concrete done.  I am finished with all contractors and I have my certificate of occupancy from the city.  I can do what I want now lol.  Recently that has meant moving dirt.

0E622FD9-60B7-4DAA-B783-81581DC306CC.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice, well done!  I'm jealous, my neighborhood doesn't allow a detached building, even though I have the land for it....shucks....

7 hours ago, trimacar said:

Very nice, well done!  I'm jealous, my neighborhood doesn't allow a detached building, even though I have the land for it....shucks....

A friend many years ago ran up against a similar building restriction. He built his over size two car garage and attached it to the house with a 8 foot long 2X6 that he ran his power to his new building on.  The town approved it but it was technically a loop hole, it would not have worked if he hadn't ran the power to the new building along the 2X6.

Dirt pile gone thanks to the construction crew behind my lot working for the power company.  I gave it to them, and in exchange it’s gone and they are going to seed the area for me in the spring.

Now time to organize where my cabinets are going to be.

D8BE794F-FCC4-4029-A89A-2F84DFCA8135.jpeg

Working on the inside with repurposed barn tin.  Put up license plate backsplashes, a license plate stairwell wall, and Route 66 in order down the stairs.

C562BE34-726A-4FD4-9800-B535AF733082.jpeg

CD049D8F-696B-4970-B1E5-FF40A3AD0BA0.jpeg

D3CAC69C-4110-40E7-9FE2-B2010C63C327.jpeg

09AA695A-041A-4555-99F8-1B48C59B3DA7.jpeg

• Like 3

Looking great Billy. Man, I see 10 guys on that roof. And must have been a big crew to frame up building and deck the roof and sides in one day too. Got to admit I'm jealous.

Look forward to following the interior, really like the re-purposed corrugated metal.

• Thanks 1