street wheels on a SKylark

Guest 54fins

Guest 54fins

If you drive your Buick much with wire wheels, you are going to spend weeks cleaning them. Found a good set of 52 buick White Wall wheels at a swap meet. not a bad look and the wire wheels can stay clean and take up space in the garage.

looks like 3 months to the nationals and hope to drive it

post-74392-143143003248_thumb.jpg

post-74392-143143003257_thumb.jpg

Check the date code on those tires before you go too far. My 55 CVT left the factory painted one color and with the same wheel treatment. I even found a set of NOS caps and rings, but could not bear to leave it Temple Gray with poverty caps. Consider wire wheel covers that you can remove and put in the dishwasher to clean.

Willie

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Keyboard-in-a-Dishwasher

http://www.howtogeek.com/65915/how-to-clean-your-filthy-keyboard-in-the-dishwasher-without-ruining-it/

You will need to have a spare and you can't do it on the new Mac wireless keyboards. But normal type keyboards, this works well.

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)

On a red car, I would also like to see the dog dish / beauty ring on a black wheel.

Dan

What Mikey said. Reverse the rears and maybe go black though. Chrome reverse would also look good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]299123[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299121[/ATTACH].[ATTACH=CONFIG]299119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299122[/ATTACH]

One of the most fun events I ever attended.

Guest 54fins

I must say, the steel rim with a trim ring and a half moon looks good on about any car. I think black will work better on the red car, possibly even white.

Then I happen to have a friend with a 54 sedan eyeballing the whitewalls. After I smooth them out I'll pass them along! The 54 hubcap just doesn't quite pop. Perhaps a 54 poverty cap with a trim ring might work?

Guest 54fins

I'm not big on using the dishwasher for car parts. You end up with an angry wife and you still have to go back and scrub every part again anyhow. Old grease and grime doesn't clean up easily. My arsenal starts with windex, then scouring pads, steel wool, vinegar, solvents, razor blades, scrapers, brushes, rags, oven cleaner and then moves on to media blasting when all else fails.

Hubcaps and stainless- you need a buffing wheel to make them shine but extremely fine steel wool and vinegar can do wonders. But never use anything abrasive if the part is in a new or like new condition. In general I assume you are dealing with a mediocre set of hubcaps and just want to clean them up, the dishwasher likely won't cut it