Upgrades anyone?

Guest Decon

I beg to differ with you Daniel, It is not cheaper to change the whole engine and transmission, rather than installing a supercharger on the present engine.

With the cost of both parts and installation it is far more expensive. You can pick up all the parts for the supercharger at a local bone yard and install them yourself

at a small cost. The wiring is nonexistent. There are only minor wiring changes that have to be made.

22 hours ago, 63viking said:

I beg to differ with you Daniel, It is not cheaper to change the whole engine and transmission, rather than installing a supercharger on the present engine.

With the cost of both parts and installation it is far more expensive. You can pick up all the parts for the supercharger at a local bone yard and install them yourself

at a small cost. The wiring is nonexistent. There are only minor wiring changes that have to be made.

Just adding a supercharger to the original engine is massive undertaking.

No if it was a series 2 engine bolt on would be an easy job.

1 hour ago, D-a-n-i-e-l said:

Currently I have a 05 series 2/3 supercharged engine with a Fe40 6 speed manual transmission. 

Yes,  I know you have a one of a kind. A bit more detail on how that was accomplished would be a nice story, if you care to share.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 63viking said:

"Just adding a supercharger to the original engine is massive undertaking"

Where did you get this Idea from?

Read the above thread. 

Just having to machine the crank to accept the supercharged harmonic balancerror is enough to convince me to get a complete engine. 

23 hours ago, D-a-n-i-e-l said:

If anyone is interested I have all the parts to turn a stock ln3 into a series one supercharged engine. 

The heads pistons, and rods have a lot of miles, but the rest of the parts only have 10k on them. 

I sent a PM