1900 spindle seat,superb,for steam,gas or electric car. Horseless carriage See photos. $395.00

Up for sale is a very rare automobile seat in superb original condition. More photos available by email,just ask. This was removed many years ago from a carriage house in Amherst, Mass. According from the gentleman I got it from, there had been several very early cars in there, and somehow this seat was separated from one of the cars, and left behind. That is all he knew about it. It appears due to its spindle seat design it came off of a 1899,1900, or 1901 steam car, such as a Locomobile, Mobile, Stanley,<wbr> Grout, etc. However it is correct for any early car including a gas or electric model, like a Crestmobile, Pope Waverly, Studebaker, Woods etc. <wbr>The very dark brown leather is in superb original condition with no cracks or tears. It is stiff though and needs some leather soap to use. It can be dyed black if necessary. It did not come with a seat bottom, however the winner may get a period seat bottom that is slightly larger to cut down, if I still have one in my garage 25 miles away, as part of the winning auction. This seat is quite rare as it is slightly on the smaller size. The bottom is 28 1/2 inches wide and 18 inches deep. The arms at their widest place apart are 35 1/2 inches wide. The back is 35 1/2 inches wide, and 20 1/2 inches tall. It weighs about 30 lbs. I will store until someone can pick it up, or you get a hauler on uhaul.com However must be fully paid for at end of auction. Only $395.00 Thanks, George Albright, Ocala, Fla. cell 352 843 1624. Email: gnalbright@gmail.com

post-62459-143142973408_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143142973409_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...