1930 DC8 Roadster Restoration Progress Photos

stooy

• 9 months later...

G'day Guys, 

Here are a current photo. 

You can see here that Peter has made 3/4's of the guards new as the old ones were un-usable and then fitted the rear section of the old guard to retain the pressings and shapes at the bottom. 

Cheers 

Stewart  

20160406_195132.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Sydney Desoto CF8, we did use that guard for its tail section (with the pressing details) and married it up to a new front section we fabricated. Those guards were butchered by someone previously, with a series of pie cuts taken out and poorly welded back together (no idea why) and a lot of rust around where they bolt up to the body so weren't of any use in the state they were in.

Are you looking for a guard for a CF or a DC? They are quite different looking, the DC has a lot more pressing details in it and would look out of place on a CF. Also what body style (as the width varies)? Stewart may know someone who would have one, we don't have any spares that I'm aware of but he knows many of the people in Aus who have these cars. I'll ask him to get in touch with you as I'm sure he'd be happy to chat.

More generally we're still working on this, just very slowly! Still haven't finished with the bodywork but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've been very slack on the photos lately, but here is a couple of quick snaps from the last few months - the first one is of replacing the back of the front guard where it was rusty. The second one is once the front guards were first fitted up with the headlight tie bar and support brackets in place, and adjusted (by bending brackets etc) to be square to the rest of the car. You can see the plumb bob hanging in the middle, when we started this was off by 20mm or so.

The engine rebuild has also started, with the block being crack tested, bored and sleeved due to heavy rust pitting, and we're also busy sourcing parts.

20171129_194548.jpg

20180328_204341-01.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...