Antique Car

That's OK. Did you know that Ted's Collins was involved in arranging a performance that included Kate's Smith at the colliseum in Rome[r].<P>Sorry, but I had to take a little poetic license on that one. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>Carleton ~ Is anyone else on this forum, or just us? confused.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Another great mystery evolves. I will see if Earl Stanley's Gardner is available for me to seek out Perry's Mason for assistance.<P>Ah Ha! Maybe we can Glide out in George Armstrong's Custer and take on a few Indians in their Golden West.<P>Thought for today: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire. rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Dashiell's Hammett may be the vehicle needed to explore this puzzling turn of events. Hedda's Hopper says that Douglas's Fairbanks was hit by Mary's Pickford which was confirmed by Buddy's Rogers giving the cause as too much alcohol in Mary's cooling system. confused.gif" border="0

Sorry guys, I can't flip the Page fast enough to keep up.<BR>Murry O'Conner hasn't been any help to me either<BR>Howard, you could have said in referance to our rick Hoover he was the one with the Penn conection. And didn't he go to Oxford? or was it he could get in beacuse he couldn't get over the Highgate.

Guys, I am going to try to move the focus of this thread from entertainers to history in an effort to give it some redeeming social value. rolleyes.gif" border="0 Be back later. smile.gif" border="0 hvs

Western Railroad History - 101<P>Back in 1867, Gen. Grenville DODGE platted the city of Cheyenne not too long after an encounter with the not so SILENT SIOUX out in the wilds of western NEBRASKA.<P>At the time DODGE was the CHIEF engineer for the UNION PACIFIC railroad. The UNION PACIFIC was begun as a promotion of one THOMAS DURANT back on the EAST coast. DURANT was a real WHEELER dealer.<P>However, by 1867 the railroad was under the leadership of the AMES brothers. Not the musical AMES brothers, but OLIVER and Oakes AMES who were shovel manufacturers. The brothers, who were the 3rd generation owners of AMES & Sons, were known as the KING of spades. Their company survives today as the AMES tool company.<P>Tomorrow we will get into the names of some other individuals involved with the railroads.

It appears that my attempt at change in direction for this thread has met with little enthusiasm. Therefore all future history classes have been cancelled.<P>However, in the meantime I heard from 4 guys who wanted their cars included. Funny they should be interested.<P>Red's SKELTON - Jackie's GLEASON - Red's FOX and Jonathan's WINTERS. <P>I also heard that the ADAMS FAMILY was out in their THING. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Ted ~ Not exactly. I was out in the shop playing with my Thing. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Can you believe that such a nonsensical and pointless thread has grown to 2 pages. Evidently worthwhile input is very slow on the Forum at this time of year rolleyes.gif" border="0

Away back in 1649 CHARLES 1st was beheaded by order of PARLIAMENT and the country was controlled by the NEW MODEL army until OLIVER CROMWELL was appointed LORD protector of the realm with full POWERS both CIVIL and military, one of his most trusted lieutenants being THOMAS FAIRFAX who had distinguished himself at the siege of BRISTOL where he took the city from the ROYAL army.<P>Well Howard, you wanted an emphasis on history...................................................<BR> Carleton cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

But Howard, if we all had a little fun with this pointless stuff, what's the harm? Certainly reinforces the concept the American WMs are masters of real trivia.<P>I had the impression that some of the posters on this thread were keeping it alive just to see if we could get it to two pages. And note that our Chalmers questioner disappeared. wink.gif" border="0

In light of the renewed interest in history, I remind everyone that we are coming to the 225th anniversary of the date in TIME when George WASHINGTON made his heroic and historic crossing the DELAWARE at TRENTON. <P>At his side in the boat sat GENERAL HENRY "Ox" KNOX, a man of some 280 pounds. WASHINGTON nudged KNOX with the tip of his boot and said, "Shift that fat ass Harry. But slowly, or you'll swamp the damned boat."<P>Now that is history we can all appreciate.

Since we have jumped to the late 18th century it's apropos to recall what Ben FRANKLIN {U.S. envoy to FRANCE and ladies man par exellance} said to the Duchess of ORLEANS after a particularly witty exchange, " madame, that was a very cunning stunt". cheers, Carleton shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

Now that the THING is functioning properly, I have to go work on my WHIZZER.<P>As George Carlin said, "There are some perfectly proper words that just sound dirty, such as beer nuts. As in 'He has beer nuts'" rolleyes.gif" border="0

How about the beer ad (I forgot brand) that was saluting the outside the stadium peanut seller. It has in the ad “while selling us your salted nuts” blush.gif" border="0 and “while we are spreading mustard on our wiener” blush.gif" border="0 . I only heard that ad for about two weeks. Wonder why. grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

Overheard in a service station, "you shoulda seen the woman dropped off that Caddy, she was BIG", "how big was she" sez another. "Man, she so big she get her toenails painted at Earl Scheib" wink.gif" border="0

She was the one in charge of the p.a. system at school and one mischievous student somehow managed to get her to announce" I'm looking for Mike Hunt, Mike Hunt if you hear this come to the office". grin.gif" border="0

LI ~ My PILGRIM runs on gasoline, not on hot air which seems to be the emission produced by Gazzer. He is a real CHAMPION a**hole and a ROYAL pain in the BUT-LER, and certainly is not typical of our CONTINENTAL friends.<p>[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Mr. Stellite. If Mr. Gazzer is a Frog, as he may well be, then I know he will appreciate your sentiments. As I think it is said "En Espanol, 'caca pasa'" and he seems to be "Un grande caca" Perdone el pobre espanol. It has been a long time since it has been used.

Yes, I suppose so, although quite a few eyebrows were raised at the Thanksgiving table when I refused a cut of turkey with the offhand comment that I was a vagetarian, must've been the 20 year old port. <P>So how was your meal? shocked.gif" border="0