What's a "CCH"?

Guest Joeseeker

Guest Joeseeker

In 1938, my grandfather purchased a used Packard Standard 833 coupe with rumble seat. According to the sales contract, he traded in a "P Arrow CCH". What's CCH? Can someone help?

Guest Joeseeker
Coach?? The Standard Catalog lists coach as one of the body styles in the 1927 series 80.

Thanks, nzcarnerd. Good possibility. Any other ideas? I'm wondering what the second C might stand for, if CH stands for "coach."

From my 1934 NADA book Pierce Arrow in the early 30's made a body style called Club sedan. This could have been literally translated to be club coach and CCH evolved by the dealer. He was more concerned with the sale than the trade in, so his enthusiasm leaned that way.--Bob

Guest Joeseeker
From my 1934 NADA book Pierce Arrow in the early 30's made a body style called Club sedan. This could have been literally translated to be club coach and CCH evolved by the dealer. He was more concerned with the sale than the trade in, so his enthusiasm leaned that way.--Bob

Thanks, Seldenguy! Also a good suggestion.

Guest Joeseeker
club coach is correct-I have a large title collection and people used to designate whatever they felt like ...................

Thanks, mercer09!