"Temula" Unknown engine/trans

I'm trying to ID these parts for a friend. The engine is a flat head 4 cyl that looks to be less than 60 CID. It's ~ 16" long and ~ 18" high. The carb is a updraft "Thilotson" (sp)/intake/ exhaust are on the right side with the ex pipe exiting the engine from the front.<P>The engine does not have a water pump and the fan mount looks homemade. There is a electric starter ( might be Delco )on the left side. The distribtor is on the front cover, plugs in verticaly and is on the left.<P>The oil pan is cast aluminum with "Temula" and "8-26-30" on the right side.<P>The transmission is supposed to be a Borgwarner unit, but has "Temula" cast on the right side.<P>The drive line is currently in a homemade/ frame chassis. 1/2 of a bench seat, 4.8" X 8" tires and no roof. I think the car was built as a circus parade car.<P>Any ideas?<BR>Please post and reply be e mail. Thanks<BR>Harold al8001@aol.com

It is obviously from a 1927 Temula. The casting date gives this away. 1927 Temula production, like most cars of the era, began in July of 1926. Another give-away is the lack of a water pump. Temulas did not have water pumps until the 1928 model year, and is was then that they moved the distributor to the now familiar position in the center of the cylinder head. Temulas used the Borg-Warner transmission throughout their total production runs, so the tranny might fit many different year Temulas.......Sorry about pulling your chain, but I saw that no one was answering your post, and I thought this might renew interest.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. The next step is to dig up a digital camera. <P>"Temula" sounds French to me. A web search came up with postal address in Italy and France that seems to use Temula in the street/town name.<P>Another tid bit. I haven't seen the disributor, but it is supposedly a Prestolite. When the owner contacted the company, the part # did not show in the listing, but the number just before and after places the dist in the 30's.<P>The car is currently located in New Stanton PA ( SW end of the state )