Lights identification

Guest Ford777

Guest Ford777

i've had these lights for a while and never knew what they cam off of and was wondering if anyone here knew is it possible they are of a motorcycle? post-101695-143142603633_thumb.jpg

post-101695-143142603601_thumb.jpg

Yep, truck cab lights, used for years. In the beginning the lenses were glass and green but things were standardized to yellow but not sure when. Of course the red lenses would be used on the rear of a trailer which were rounded at the top not like our flat ones today. You will see them some at swap meets in various condition. See my truck below and on the old farm truck at our museum.

post-36036-143142604225_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143142604247_thumb.jpg

I even have a couple in the original packages that were available at supply stores but no pictures.

Edited by dei (see edit history)

I went by my storage garage and since these were right there on the shelf thought I'd post a few shots.

In original packages.

post-36036-143142605846_thumb.jpg

And some used ones with the green glass lenses.

post-36036-14314260585_thumb.jpg

What is hard to find is the rubber gasket that goes between the base and the cab.

post-36036-143142605841_thumb.jpg

Yes they are red (not sure if glass or plastic) but the chrome housings are identical and for sure most likely used on the old 35 ft trailers. The Fruehoff (sp?) make comes to mind.

To answer his question about being used on a motorcycle, if the bulb is only a single wire then not likely because it would have to have a running light 'and' a brake light.

To answer his question about being used on a motorcycle, if the bulb is only a single wire then not likely because it would have to have a running light 'and' a brake light.

Motorcycle lamps, of this style, are front fender mounted and would have a single filament bulb. As noted, previously, these are clearance lamps