JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Brass is Best said:

This great 1913 Model 31 Touring followed us home the other day. Now we are finishing it up and getting it ready for touring!

Andrew,

I am sure you will enjoy touring with your new acquisition.  Let me know if you have any questions about your car.  My Buick Model 31 has been my primary touring car for many years. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just completed 4 days of touring on the HCCA Portland Group Annual Tour in John Day OR.  This was a long hot hill climbing tour that required side of the road fixes and adding lots of water.

Scooter following a 1915 Kissell Kar.jpg

1912 Buick at Jensen Wagon Collection.jpg

Fuel Line Fix .jpg

Getting Water for Thirsty Cars.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Andrew,

I am sure you will enjoy touring with your new acquisition.  Let me know if you have any questions about your car.  My Buick Model 31 has been my primary touring car for many years. 

Enjoy!

Mark,

Thank you for the offer.

Andy

7 hours ago, cxgvd said:

Andrew;  Congrats for purchasing the Model 31, it is beautiful and a correct looking car.  In my opinion this Buick is the best of the mid sized cars of this era though I may be prejudiced since I have one as well.  Apart from the total loss oil system the engineering is sound, nothing very odd.  You have the acetylene starter still intact, very nice.  What carburetor are you using?  I am have some success with the Schebler Model O.  Also with the center mount of the speedometer head does it not make for tight bends in  the cable?  All the best, we are attending the Old Car Fest perhaps we will see you there?  Gary

DSC_3626.JPG

Gary, Great looking Buick! I believe the carb is a Stromberg I will have to look at the model number.  The speedometer cable smoothly travels down between the bell housing and number 4 cylinder and then continues under the car. No tight bends at all. Working well. I will be at old car fest with my 12 Mitchell. Thanks for the comments. Andy

12mitch100hold.jpg

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)

"Welcome to our scenic and historic community. Don't miss our roadside farmer's markets and bounteous produce. Please maintain speeds greater that 60 MPH on all secondary roads and do not slow your vehicle when making turns." I think the sign said.

"He's pulling a trainer and can't see ahead!" my Wife exclaimed.

"I saw him coming in my mirror. It was a Dodge."

"You always say that."

"If he hadn't had the trainer you would have seen his tailgate."

Yeah, we went out for a ride.

Another big thanks to the tourism board of Genesee County. Or was that Urgensee.

Bernie

Drove the Special for the first time in awhile!

Unfortunately it wasn't too far as I have FINALLY committed to dropping the gas tank to clean it out and replacing the old fuel line (with the help of my son)!

IMG_3404_Easy-Resize_com.thumb.jpg.9f1a7cabaede9ef1a0c063afbbe9f109.jpg

• Like 3

I've been driving my Skyhawk pretty much all week to work and around.  Fun little car that brings back tons of memories as I had one, almost exactly like this one, as a young adult.

1975_Buick_Skyhawk_zps3uupiauk.jpg

• Like 6

Just got home a few hours ago from the AACA North East National Meet in Gettysburg. We left Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we did the car tours, a Friday bus tour and then showed the '75 Electra Saturday. It was a fantastic event, extremely well organized and run. I was totally surprised and very happy last night at the Awards banquet when the car won it's First Place Jr. Award. The car drove flawlessly and we ended up visiting a friend in Pa. on the way home today. Total mileage for the trip was 767 miles and the car now has 22197 miles. I bought her last July with 18500 original miles and have enjoyed every mile since then.

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

• Like 8

We took the '41 Roadmaster into to town for coffee and a snack early this afternoon. Sorry, no pictures, I forgot my phone and a camera! About a 30 mile drive overall. Ran a steady 180 F in the nearly 90 F temp we had today.

Keith

• Like 4

Had the "Queen" out the last two days. Not a lot of miles, but tons of smiles.. 

This car is my favorite. ..till I can get one of the others out for a ride. 

0716180938.jpg

0716180939a.jpg

0716181027a.jpg

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 8

It was one of those too few, at least here in Southern Ontario, perfect summer afternoon and evenings, so we took the '41 Roadmaster to a cruise night at a town about 15 miles away. Got to know a few more folks, and we sat chatted with a gent that fled the big city over 20 years ago, who owns a very interesting '58 Pontiac. In Canada the models were a bit different at times. Our top line Pontiac was called a Parisienne, instead of Bonneville, though I believe that they were trimmed out much the same. He has this one that was custom ordered, and built in Oshawa, which was the main assembly plant in Canada, and incidentally where my '41 was also made. This car was ordered with the beautiful top line trim, but a 6 cylinder, and no power assists.

Plus a few others which caught my fancy!

Keith 

BuickandTruck.jpg

BobsPont.jpg

Bettle1.jpg

IntTruck.jpg

• Like 8

Does taking Toby out of the garage for the first time to test drive counts? If so... went around the Cul-de-sac and back to the garage. So far All systems working!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, old-tank said:

Left turns?...who won?

Ring around the rosi..... I drove it and it is a Buick. The engine sounds good and the Dyna is shifting properly, brakes properly adjusted. Getting closer to strip, paint, glass, interior and tires. Give it about 1/2 year time wise. $ wise..... lots of overtime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I want to SEE that

Ben

Remember I have not taken it over the road yet but what I can feel is jut working properly.Just come down for a road test. 

Well it finally happened, I ran out of gas.... ugh.  😯 luckily I was only about a mile and a half from home and someone who recognized me and my car pulled over gave me a ride to get fuel. Guess its time to fix the fuel gauge. 

20180722_103405.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's a good reason to fuel up by the odometer, not the gas gauge. 

Ben: I cannot imagine the inconvenience that must have been for everybody!

Meanwhile got the '56 out for a nice 40 mile cruise in the evening yesterday.  No where special to go, just going... and going...  That car is really my favorite!

• Like 2

Do good intentions count ? Had the '25 all ready to go to a local Optimist car show. Show ran from 9 till 3. Rained from 8 till 2:45. About 10 newer and restomod types showed up.Usually they have 100+ cars.

Jim

1925 Buick ready for show 001.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1