Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

On 12/27/2017 at 12:45 PM, Beemon said:

CJP, I just checked your profile (sorry)  and saw you're from Kent, as well. Small world! You must be on the lower end because I was tearing up the upper end from Benson to Petrovitsky during the initial snow fall in my 56 Buick. It was kind of nice, I was shielded by two car lengths on each side! :P

lol, sounds like fun!  

I am on the west side of Lake Youngs, off of 148th by 212th.  

• Like 1

I drove my 1937 Century to lunch today. I was hoping to blow some of the dust off of it from my 1938 Century project. It was still dusty after I got home, so I washed it and drove it some more to dry it off after lunch. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I took the 1937 Roadmaster out, warmed her up, drove around the neighborhood just playing, and then put her back in the garage.

We're expecting some colder weather here after New Years Eve, maybe just to keep the Sugar Bowl visitors "chill".

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jvelde said:

Matt, those sound like some pretty lame excuses to go drive a Buick, unless you're talking to a Buick owner!

I typically drive it to lunch or dinner almost year round except in bad weather. If it is between about 40 degrees and 80 degrees, (which it is much of the year) I usually drive it regularly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

now i get this   :wacko::(  one step forward, two steps back

Ut-oh!  But take a good look at the unit from the engine side.  some of these come out from the top of the cowl, under the hood. 

Looks like I’ll be curled up with my shop manual sooner than later

2 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Ut-oh!  But take a good look at the unit from the engine side.  some of these come out from the top of the cowl, under the hood. 

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

Lamar,  Do you smell coolant?

Yep

9 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Looks like I’ll be curled up with my shop manual sooner than later

Yep

Time for a Heater Core repair/replacement, but you can temporarily bypass it

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

Happy new year to you all.

2018 brings another year of Buick activities and extreme heat! (109F this coming Sunday)

April finds us off on a pre-war Buick run up to the wine region of Mudgee, about 220 miles north west of Sydney

May is our Club President run to another wine region just an hour north of where I live

June, looks like I might be attending the BCA nationals in Denver - can't wait!

September will be our Nationals in Australia, in Dalby, in the state of Queensland, an 1100 mile round trip

Of course, photos will follow each event as it happens

take care over with the east coast storms.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 4

Hi Ben and Keith,

I am really excited about attending looking forward to meeting the people behind the posts, my wife and daughter are both a little jealous as wife has to work over the same week and my daughter will be at school so they cannot come along. Both are similarly annoyed as they have never been to the States before. It has been some time since I was last there, 1991 if I recall correctly. 

cheers

Paul

• Like 2

Paul, I have just about the same situation. My son will be in the midst of his final high school exams at the time, so my wife doesn't want to leave him to his own devices that week, and she will be quite annoyed if I go, and she doesn't. So, I made the choice not to go. At least for now.

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buicknutty said:

Paul, I have just about the same situation. My son will be in the midst of his final high school exams at the time, so my wife doesn't want to leave him to his own devices that week, and she will be quite annoyed if I go, and she doesn't. So, I made the choice not to go. At least for now.

Keith

Similar here - exams will be done but I'd risk it getting back in time for grad. At least next year it won't interfere with anyone's schooling. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul White said:

Hi Ben and Keith,

I am really excited about attending looking forward to meeting the people behind the posts, my wife and daughter are both a little jealous as wife has to work over the same week and my daughter will be at school so they cannot come along. Both are similarly annoyed as they have never been to the States before. It has been some time since I was last there, 1991 if I recall correctly. 

cheers

Paul

Paul,

Make sure you pack an economy size jar of VEGEMITE. Some of the blokes on this forum including Ben, Old Tank ( Willie ) and Lamar ( Mr Earl ) just love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2017 at 2:55 AM, Bill Stoneberg said:

We took a long drive amongst the ranches of this beautiful Texas Hill Country.  The car is parked at one of the low water crossing on the upper Guadalupe river. We ended up downriver a ways and had a steak for dinner. While we were sitting on the patio, the sun went down on the same river.

IMG_1276.thumb.jpg.5828092d74928a2eb148e2bd35ac2228.jpgIMG_1285.thumb.jpg.24b0ab94e931ad01e001016948009b8b.jpg

Love Texas Hill country, went to school in Kerville

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

Love Texas Hill country, went to school in Kerville

There is a wonderful private collection there, containing several magnificent restored Marmons -  which we have visited a few times.

Just to kinda copy Doug, here in Toronto most of the roads are white with salt. We had a lot of rain the other day, and I thought that maybe I'd take the '41 out for a spin, but it has got very cold again and the salters have been out in full force!

Though in a few days I'll have to run the gaunlet in few days, as I have to pick up the Reatta I bought before Christmas this week.

Keith

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buicknutty said:

Though in a few days I'll have to run the gaunlet in few days, as I have to pick up the Reatta I bought before Christmas this week

Congrats on the Reatta Keith! Convert I hope?

You and Glenda will look great cruising around TO with the top down. :)

Trust this doesn't mean her other convert is on the back burner?

Drove the '39 to our BCA chapter meeting yesterday in Arlington, about 60 miles round trip.  The temp was in the 30's and sunny, so nice driving weather.  Had a nice group in attendance and discussed the Denver National Meet and there were a number of folks planning to go.

Edited by jvelde (see edit history)
  • Like 1

We have had a bit of rain to wash away the remains of the recent road salt treatments from our recent unusual winter storm, so on Saturday I drove the 1937 Century to lunch. We also took it to the gas station for a tank of Non-Ethanol fuel and took about a 10 mile or so drive around town just because I had not had a chance to drive it in a few weeks.

• Like 2