Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

Can't say I drove the Special recently but while sorting the garage decided to fire her up to keep the oil  circulated plus it helps give off a bit of heat even with the door cracked open. 

Does that count here...

• Haha 1

Got the 39 Roadmaster out yesterday and today for some rides around town. Nice and clear and 50 degrees. However snow may be in the longer-term forecast. Two inches will absolutely paralyze Portland!  Having intermittent charging issues--sometimes charging, sometimes not. Need to check it out. Loose belt or failing generator. Hmm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having a nice and sunny 70 degree day here in North Texas.  Tomorrow and tuesday will be a couple degree's warmer even. Got everyone started up and out for a bit.  Wednesday the bottom falls out leading into friday morning of around 12 degree's.   Needless to say antifreeze check were on order all the way around.  This will be the first time the temps have gotten this low in about 5 years.  Going to stick around for a bit too but moderating at least into the 40's by next Tuesday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Having a nice and sunny 70 degree day here in North Texas.  Tomorrow and tuesday will be a couple degree's warmer even. Got everyone started up and out for a bit.  Wednesday the bottom falls out leading into friday morning of around 12 degree's.   Needless to say antifreeze check were on order all the way around.  This will be the first time the temps have gotten this low in about 5 years.  Going to stick around for a bit too but moderating at least into the 40's by next Tuesday.

Dang!  You are forecast to get colder than we are up here.  Lows of 20 this weekend.  

Ben

• Like 1

On 7/19/2015 at 6:15 AM, Brad Conley said:

Got to drive a very nice young couple away from their wedding ceremony yesterday...they wanted an "old convertible" to go between the ceremony site and the dinner venue.  The '72 Centurion fit the bill!!

IMG_0295_zpsrq5yzbv6.jpg

Just before the new year, this couple had their first child!  A girl that is as beautiful as her mother!

• Like 7

Took the 51 convert for a nice drive Saturday, was not starting very well realized my big 12 volt battery was 5 years old and not spinning it over fast enough. Put in a new battery and it starts right up. Waiting for my efi setup to come and hoping it make the starting and running of the old car much better.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Dennis Hagen said:

Took the 51 convert for a nice drive Saturday, was not starting very well realized my big 12 volt battery was 5 years old and not spinning it over fast enough. Put in a new battery and it starts right up. Waiting for my efi setup to come and hoping it make the starting and running of the old car much better.

Dennis, may I ask which EFI you sprung for?  If your results are anything like mine you will be a happy camper.  

almost 20,000 miles and NO problems.

Ben

8 hours ago, Paul White said:

Hi all, Another fabulous 83F day here in Sydney Australia with a Sunday Club run and lunch out to Western Sydney.

Cheers

Paul

20210221_125435.jpg

20210221_112813.jpg

20210221_111359.jpg

20210221_111314.jpg

Great to see Summertime Pics from Sydney, Australia today

We're up to 66 here in New Orleans,

and our grandson has warmed up to 36 in Macomb, Illinois-

Thanks for the pics

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I too love seeing the nice pics, here in Ontario the weather is forecast to be above freezing for the first time in over a month. At least all of our infrastructure is built for extreme cold, my thoughts and prayers to those recovering from the cold in Texas, and other places.

• Like 3

Today we had some nice weather for top down driving. I put the top down on my 1937 Buick Roadmaster Convertible Phaeton and took it to lunch. This photo shows the car after we got back home.

DSC_0586.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Stretching things a bit here but it has been so long not driving that I just have to say I backed her out of the garage to let the sun heat up the top since it has been down for so long, before trying to latch it down and possibly tear the now old top.

As stated, it's a stretch... but will be going for a drive for real to fill the tank back up giving me full credit. LOL

IMG_8619.thumb.JPG.b671d54d870b6a5f75d45761bdbd7422.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobSoCal said:

Not new to collecting but new to the AACA. Had my 1978 Buick Electra Limited Coupe out

and about this past weekend. Here in the desert we get our chance in the fall, winter and spring to cruise about. Summer is too hot and hard on the classic cars.21368709_10155681013397953_6655898933672779145_o.thumb.jpg.81e5087edecf1ddff324afcd9887eaf3.jpgW

135674782_10159039122517953_392363380692267245_n.jpg

Gorgeous!  That is a real beauty.  

• Like 2

Thanks John!

I've owned it since 2017. The previous owner bought it in 1979 from his neighbor

which was a retired buick plant manager and would order a new buick every year.

I checked in with the previous owner a couple times a year until he finally cried

uncle and sold it to me. Has the 403 and posi 43k miles.

1704buick40.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, bobSoCal said:

Not new to collecting but new to the AACA. Had my 1978 Buick Electra Limited Coupe out

and about this past weekend. Here in the desert we get our chance in the fall, winter and spring to cruise about. Summer is too hot and hard on the classic cars.21368709_10155681013397953_6655898933672779145_o.thumb.jpg.81e5087edecf1ddff324afcd9887eaf3.jpgW

135674782_10159039122517953_392363380692267245_n.jpg

Welcome to the site Bob!  I look forward to seeing more of your collection here.  You should post a few more of you fantastic collection in the “Me and My Buick’s” forum!

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 1

We did a local Coffee n Cars at McLaren Vale today,  about a 65mile round trip in our new ‘63 Skylark. Had a small group of five from our town of Victor Harbor go together with a 70’s Camaro, ‘66 Mustang notch back,  ‘78 Cadillac coupe De Ville and ‘59 Singer Gazelle.

First time we had been to this event and was the debut for the Skylark. Lots of interesting cars, but only one Buick. After we had a nice breakfast in Willunga, then we stopped on the way home at a strawberry farm for ice cream and pics.

Let’s say it was a bracing run for us with a 6.45am start. Told Jo the top doesn’t work 😀😀😀😀😀 very well, but she was rugged up plenty. I’m pleasantly surprised how this Buick just sips Premium Unleaded 98 as compared to the healthy diet of my ‘63 Riviera,

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

85DF4120-F1EC-4BD5-85E2-06E9B324DFD9.jpeg

A14BAEA0-D9E9-4F7E-810F-26968ED9EAC9.jpeg

Edited by rodneybeauchamp
Add photos and text (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I drove my 1937 Model 80C to a local park for a photo session with the Editor of my local AACA Chapter newsletter to take some photos that will be used for a future newsletter cover photo.  

IMG_20210307_151745140.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Have not had the Buick out much due to the weather and working on our remote garage.  Decided it needed some exercise and also gas, so since the weather is really nice, took it for a 25 mile cruise around the area. Having our AACA meeting in Waxahachie in a couple of weeks and  need to drive more to shake the cobwebs out in preparation. Here are a couple of shots of the garage, still getting everything organized.

John 

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

• Like 11