Panhard????

West Peterson

Yeah... that's not it, but that's why I suggested Panhard.

I believe Curt is correct. It's a one-off, made by someone in Minnesota way back in the day on a Ford chassis.

Yes and as I posted earlier, the car has been on here before.

• 1 year later...

Can't believe I missed this post. The auto is definitely the Bergholt Streamline built in 1932 by Fred Bergholt in Richfield, MN. I knew Fred from the mid 50's until his passing in 1978. Youtube has a great segment called "Early 70's Bergholt Interview with Fred Bergholt" that shows Al Austin (WCCO TV news) interviewing Fred at his home and shows his many vehicles. Fortunately, I was able to purchase two of his 100+ year old cars. After Freds passing, his good friend from Richfield, Harlow Loney restored the car as you see it today. The only item not correct is the modern front bumper, the original was shaped like a Texas longhorn. The license plate on the streamline (1932) came from my collection. I do not know who purchased the "streamline" at Hershey a few years ago, but I do know the story of how Fred brought the car to Detroit and all the major auto manufacturers said he was ahead of the times concerning design. This aerodynamic design was later used by a major mfg'r. and he sued and won a settlement for patent infringement. I still have many items from Fred's collection, but the best memories were his stories about the "depression era" and hardships from back in the day. I truly miss him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...