1939 Door hinges

39BuickEight

Hello everyone. In the process of sorting our door parts we realized that a couple of front door bottom hinges are pretty rough, especially the right front. I would appreciate any leads on where to find them. I have about given up on Dave T. after many unsuccessful attempts to purchase other parts from him.

thanks!

Write a letter to Dave T, put it in an envelope with a postage stamp, then in a box on the street. (remember those things?)

http://forums.aaca.org/members/bobh/ was/is trying to sell his 1939 S40 parts car

RPM-motorsports-parts on ebay are breaking up a 1939 & other mid - late 30s Buick’s. Will cost $

www.rpmclassicparts.com and www.ebay.com.au/sch/rpm-motorsports-parts/m.html

I probably have some, but no idea if they are left or right, back or front, but shipping cost would be too high. In this part of the world (RHD) front right hinge wears the most

Edited by 1939_buick
added links (see edit history)

No not the pin, they opened and closed as solid as you would expect before we tore the car down, but the actual steel structure is rusted, almost completely off the pin on the lower left and right front. I have sent a message to RPM motor sports.

I have actually spoken with Dave 5 times over the past couple of years, and he has taken my information and parts needed 3 times, and has never contacted me back.

I'm sure there are some out there.

Thanks guys,

Guest Grant Magrath

Nice Danny! I think us southern hemisphere folk would probably win the world swearing champs.

Our 38 had worn hinges, not rusted though. We had to weld up the hinge, file it, drill it, and insert new bushings from Chevs of the 40's.

Good luck with the search Billy! And remember, Large Olds and Pontiacs used the same body as the Special.

Cheers

grant