Looking for Bearcat heel trough

JohnBoyle

I'm looking for a heel/boot trough casting for an early Bearcat. It's a dugout in front of the accelerator pedal.

Former club member Raymond Drake said he had a casting but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

I do not know where my original went to, but I have a casting off it and will be able to make more when I get a building up to cover the small foundry I bought from the estate of a friend. For years I have had a fuel tank that turns out to be from an early Bearcat. We have no idea where it came from, but it is identical in all detail to the one on Hugh Guthrie's car. That one was given by old time racing driver Jack Day to Ian Smith, who gave it to Hugh. It was the only remaining part of Jack's bearcat that he raced mostly in hillclimbs. Jack told me that some people in Melbourne asked him to drive their T head Mercer Raceabout in competition with his own Stutz, which he did. We have no idea where that Mercer went. I offered the tank to Fred Hoch, but Fred said he already had new tanks made for two cars he is building. ( When Harrah's had two cars here for the FIVA 1970 Sydney to Melbourne event, Ray Jesch told me that Mr Harrah's rule for them was that if it cost more to restore an original part than to make a new replacement they should restore the original. From memory I think he quoted a multiple factor of 4). Is anyone building an early car that might need this original tank?