Any Buick related gifts?

JohnD1956

I just love my boys and their girls. I was amazed at their efforts to find those special gifts for me this year. Among the gifts were these4 Buick related items:

x From Doug and Cindy ( Redwind89), a piece of art about what is probably my favorite year and model Buick:

img_6327_original.jpg

Can't wait to get that in a frame and on the wall.

Next is what Justin's sweetheart Stephanie did:

img_6328_original.jpg

This beautiful calendar contains several pictures from some of our threads here. Like these for instance:

img_6329_original.jpg

img_6332_original.jpg

img_6334_original.jpg

You may recogonize some of those subjects as being near and dear to me. And there were more of some excellent photos like this one:

img_6335_original.jpg

They also got me a new desk lamp:

img_6323_original.jpg

Notably, the base is from a 60's 401 motor:

img_6321_original.jpg

And Andrew and my grandson Andrew were shopping when they noticed this lone item on the rack:

img_6324_original.jpg

img_6326_original.jpg

x

These items sure made this a Super Christmas for me. Thanks guys and gals...Love ya!

Lets see what Buick items you all got!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]228169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]228170[/ATTACH]

This was my Christmas present to myself :)

Great Buick, CRex619!

For a few years now, I've been wanting one of the large Buick neon signs patterned after the 1937 Buick grille script. A local sign-maker has produced a few of these, and I received mine a few days ago. My father-in-law helped me with the high-wire act on Christmas Day, installing the sign as the centerpiece of my Buick "man cave".

11586959216_635453a962_b.jpg

11586488014_95147be57f_b.jpg

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Guest CRex619

I'm rather excited to start working on it...I acquired it from my wifes grandfather. He had originally purchased it as a parts car and hasn't done anything with it since he bought it in 91'. Sadly, this car is in better shape than the car he's working on. After sitting for 22 years it still turned over like it just got shut off yesterday. Only problem is I'm not getting a spark so I'm going to go ahead and change the coil, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and see what I get!

CRex, When I got my car, that's what I did. It wasn't running well, and was hard starting, so, after everything new, it fired up like it was 1955 and it was brand new.

Be sure to take the oil pan off and clean it good so there's no gook going into the motor. Also, the gas tank may need a good cleaning also. Best of luck with the work...

You must have been a very good boy this year. Very nice, looks great Brian.

I also like (and have) the Buick Sales and Service sign above it, they go good together. Good catch!! I bought mine on eBay quite a few years ago and have not seen them offered since.

Great Buick, CRex619!

For a few years now, I've been wanting one of the large Buick neon signs patterned after the 1937 Buick grille script. A local sign-maker has produced a few of these, and I received mine a few days ago. My father-in-law helped me with the high-wire act on Christmas Day, installing the sign as the centerpiece of my Buick "man cave".

11586959216_904a0c1469_b.jpg

11586488014_95147be57f_b.jpg

well I brought another 1996 roadmaster sedan. almost like the one I found in the junk yard and sold to my( outherbrother) Jack same color but a little different (built cheeper) I would put some pictures up but I still don't know how Maybe my 8yr granddaughter will come down and do it for me. Have a great BUICK year

buke (frank

I finally had an opportunity to photograph one additional Buick-related gift. For some time, I had been hoping to find one of the large (approx. 1/12-scale) vintage tin toys of the 1960 Buick, produced by a company called Ichiko. I located one just before Christmas, and it's a fun addition to my Buick treasures:

11763875586_944498827a_b.jpg

Here's the car with 1/25 and 1/43-scale 1960 Buicks:

11763229603_cb2fd986b5_b.jpg

I showed this on the 54 website. My daughter's boyfriend and his father made this for me. It is one of a kind shelving unit. I plan on putting trophies the Buick has won on the shelves Super nice gift. Now I just need to get it on the wall!!! I have been busy with a project (see below).

post-83833-143142338945_thumb.jpg

As for a gift to myself. I purchased 2 wall cabinets, rolling table with tool drawers, tool chest of drawers. All made by Husky. These are very nice for the price. Also a 150# air compressor/20 gallon. Note the nose of the Buick is to the left.

post-83833-143142338948_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest kaycee
I got some blue jeans and a couple of flannel shirts to work on the new shop that I will work on the Buick's in, does that count? :(

Hi Mr. Earl,

Good gifts! If you were in my central Illinois area tonight you'd be VERY thankful! ( First time in 20 years it's going down to minus 19 with a 40 below wind chill!) And I'm complaining after living in Northern Wis. for 12 years! Now I know that I'm getting older!) What a old car wimp! Have a great 2014!!!

kaycee

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

2017 - got another terrific Buick calendar and some Buick refrigerator magnets too, from Stephanie this year. Lots of other great things too but just keeping this Buick related.  Will post some pics in a little while when the camera's batteries are recharged.  What did you all get that's Buick themed?    

Santa didn't bring me what I really wanted, so I went ahead and bought a new 20' aluminum enclosed, V nosed, all aluminum car trailer.  Mission Trailers had already announced a 6-8% price increase for the new year, and the dealer already had a custom ordered unit on their lot that was ordered extra tall with alloy wheels.  So I seized the opportunity to upgrade and save a few $$.  http://www.missiontrailers.com/ch/MCH8_20.php

With snow on the ground and ice on the roads (we made it home from Spokane just before they closed the main highway through the Columbia Gorge due to accidents and freezing rain in the forecast) I will make another trip when weather permits to go pick up my new trailer.  So now I have my 18' Cargo Mate enclosed trailer for sale.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 5

From my son. A bit late in the game but when he heard I had broken two hand winches trying to pull my stuck four wheel  drive Silverado hooked to my car hauling trailer out of a bog he thought this might come in handy next time. A simple machine but awesomely powerful.18401EE9-5341-43CC-A9E1-A6FB565395D4.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MrEarl said:

From my son. A bit late in the game but when he heard I had broken two hand winches trying to pull my stuck four wheel  drive Silverado hooked to my car hauling trailer out of a bog he thought this might come in handy next time. A simple machine but awesomely powerful.18401EE9-5341-43CC-A9E1-A6FB565395D4.jpeg

Is a demo in order?

Ben