Post Some Pics of Your Other Cars

Guest Rob J

Kaber, hang on to the Aztek.....it going to be a real collector's item one of these days.

I have entered my Chevelle in the Dayton Concours show the past 2 years. I have a friend on the acceptance committee who keeps begging me to bring the 'Tek! It really is nice, Bought it used in 03 (for 1/2 sticker price) and it has never seen a snowflake. It is in storage now for winter. It is a fun summer driver about 400 miles from 100,000. It isn't worth anything right now, I'd rather have it than the money i could get for it! I won the minivan Aztek class at the POCI show when it was here in Dayton. You need to bring the T/A up to the nationals in August!

Kaber

I've taken the T/A to the T/A nationals twice.....in 1995 and in 2001. Both times it beat all the other stock 79's in attendance. I'd love to go up to Dayton again but it is hard to take off work that

long. The T/A's greatest achievement was in 2002 when it won the Concours D'elegance award at the

POCI convention in Collinsville, Illinois with a perfect 400/400 points.

Here are a few of mine: #1 Limited Ed #99 of 427 made Z06 vette #2 1973 Porsche RS hot rod #3 1989 Rolls Silver Spur LWB #4 is the lone survivor of 2 made a 1993 RUF BTR C4 and #5 is my last years restoration a 1969 SS 350 4 speed 69 Camaro.

post-98875-143142943849_thumb.jpg

post-98875-143142943844_thumb.jpg

post-98875-143142943847_thumb.jpg

post-98875-143142943864_thumb.jpg

post-98875-143142943888_thumb.jpg

I've taken the T/A to the T/A nationals twice.....in 1995 and in 2001. Both times it beat all the other stock 79's in attendance. I'd love to go up to Dayton again but it is hard to take off work that

long. The T/A's greatest achievement was in 2002 when it won the Concours D'elegance award at the

POCI convention in Collinsville, Illinois with a perfect 400/400 points.

I revisited your pictures when I had more time. ALL of those cars are outstanding! I have been to every T/A Nationals since the third one, I won a show and shine award one year when it was at the airport! Never anything else. The Bird is my Hot Rod, it gets beat on alot more than the other cars. They have moved the T/A Nationals again to the Holiday Inn in Fairborn, Ohio (Still Dayton). Last year was great. I am only 15 minutes away so I never miss it.

Yeah my best award was with the Chevelle was winning my class at the Dayton Concours D'elegance show. The Chevelle is the show car of the bunch. I really like your Chevelle, hard to beat Red and Black on those. Whats up with that GTO, is that the Real Deal? Aren't those a little scarce? Beautiful!

Taking the Aztek to the POCI show was a Hoot! I had to argue with the gate guys every day just to get them to let me in the show! I displayed it for 4 days, the first 2 no one even looked at it. On the third day I set up the tent, then I couldn't keep people away from it! The Bird was in Vinyl Top Jail so we had a blast with the 'Tek!

When we were looking for the Riv, we looked at a 65 Mustang straight 6, 3-spd. It was the guy's son's car that he was selling because his 98 lb 16 year old kid got a new car. It was a brand new Yellow Boss Laguna Seca! I worry about my kid in the Riv!?!?! LOL the Mustang is probably safer!

I also wanted to add that I love the Original style tires on the Chevelle, GTO and your Riv. I love that look!

Kaber

Kaber, I've owned the GTO since it was two years old....it was my first car. When I bought

it I had looked for months for a carousel red Judge convertible and couldn't find one for sale. At that time I didn't know that only 108 convertibles had been built, with maybe 30 of them being orange. Back then production figures weren't available. After I gave up looking, I bought the car I have now

and converted it to a Judge soon after when I bought a wrecked Judge hardtop, transfering the engine, Ram Air hood, front disc brakes, bigger sway bar, spoiler etc. to my car then parting out the rest. This was in 1974 before anybody knew what cloning a car meant. I always looked on the Judge as an option like A/C or power steering! That's really all it was to me. I wanted a Judge convertible

that was orange to match my college colors(I went to UT) and back then unless you were lucky enough to know someone who bought one new, you couldn't find one to purchase, so I made my own. Years later when they started showing up in Hemmings I could have bought a real one, but by then I was attached to my car and didn't want to give it up. at this point I've owned it 44 years. As

far as I'm concerned it is the real thing because it has been on the road continuously as one for 41 years! All my other cars are numbers match cars, except a previous owner of the Chevelle changed the color from Antique gold to cranberry red.

Kaber, I've owned the GTO since it was two years old....it was my first car. When I bought

it I had looked for months for a carousel red Judge convertible and couldn't find one for sale. At that time I didn't know that only 108 convertibles had been built, with maybe 30 of them being orange. Back then production figures weren't available. After I gave up looking, I bought the car I have now

and converted it to a Judge soon after when I bought a wrecked Judge hardtop, transfering the engine, Ram Air hood, front disc brakes, bigger sway bar, spoiler etc. to my car then parting out the rest. This was in 1974 before anybody knew what cloning a car meant. I always looked on the Judge as an option like A/C or power steering! That's really all it was to me. I wanted a Judge convertible

that was orange to match my college colors(I went to UT) and back then unless you were lucky enough to know someone who bought one new, you couldn't find one to purchase, so I made my own. Years later when they started showing up in Hemmings I could have bought a real one, but by then I was attached to my car and didn't want to give it up. at this point I've owned it 44 years. As

far as I'm concerned it is the real thing because it has been on the road continuously as one for 41 years! All my other cars are numbers match cars, except a previous owner of the Chevelle changed the color from Antique gold to cranberry red.

WOW! Cool story. If it looks like a Judge, Smells like a Judge. I'm sure it runs like a Judge......It must be a Judge! Awesome car! You may have noticed my Chevelle is what I call a 1970 "Heavy Chevy" 307 auto with 70,000 Miles. I added all the SS stuff when I worked at a Chevy dealer in the late 80's. The hood and molding are GM. It has the boxed Rear lower control arms and the SS front and rear sway bars & wheels. I also added the SS clear front marker lights (Cloners always miss that) but no SS badging. The SS wheels got Vega inserts with chrome Bowties. I like its Malibu personality, that its had since i got it in 1979!

Thanks for sharing the info on your beautiful cars!

image_zps758dde67.jpg

Kaber

...need more pics of your Riv "next to" your other vehicles.

;)

If you are referring to a"group shot" I plan to do that very soon. I've never taken a group shot

of the fleet I have now, although I do have a shot of the Chevelle, T/A and GTO taken together about

six years ago at a local cruise night at the Sonic..... (In these pics the GTO has Hurst wheels and redlines)

post-102001-143142944957_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142944962_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142944966_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142944972_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142944974_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

post-100302-143142946716_thumb.jpgHere's my 1st. car that I bought in high school in 1986 and still own. The 67 Coronet was a 8 year project that basically conditioned me never to restore a car again.

My 98 cherokee is a daily driver that has a 5 speed manual and is loaded. The Grand Cherokee is a Freedom Edition that I wish I never sold.

The 68 charger is my wife's

And I just bought the 64 Riviera last year to use as a daily driver to work on nice days and is the only classic that my dog is allowed to ride in.

Now I need more room.

post-100302-14314294668_thumb.jpg

post-100302-143142946684_thumb.jpg

post-100302-143142946687_thumb.jpg

post-100302-143142946702_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]292108[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292109[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292111[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]292112[/ATTACH]Here's my 1st. car that I bought in high school in 1986 and still own. The 67 Coronet was a 8 year project that basically conditioned me never to restore a car again.

My 98 cherokee is a daily driver that has a 5 speed manual and is loaded. The Grand Cherokee is a Freedom Edition that I wish I never sold.

The 68 charger is my wife's

And I just bought the 64 Riviera last year to use as a daily driver to work on nice days and is the only classic that my dog is allowed to ride in.

Now I need more room.

Nice! I really like the Charger!

Kaber

Great cars (and bikes) guys. Here's the '64 with my 2002 Bonneville SSEi ...[ATTACH=CONFIG]292089[/ATTACH]

Cool B-Ville Darren! is is a 5.3? I have been building the ultimate Aztek (In my head) and I'm thinking a front drive 5.3 would work nicely! LOL!

Kaber

Thanks, It seems to get the most looks when we drive it. I see your from the Dayton area. I have family that lives in the Oakwood to Centerville areas. It's really nice down there. I live in the Port Clinton area up by the lake.

I was going to ask you where in Ohio you were. I live very close to Centerville, work in Kettering.

Kaber

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Kaber. No it's got the 3800 with supercharger. Kind of in the same class as the '64, you know, luxury with attitude lol!

Nice Chevelle and Riv you got there too!