Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

• 2 years later...

Chewing on a piece of grass
Walking down the road
Tell me, how long you gonna stay here Joe?
Some people say this town don't look
Good in snow
You don't care, I know

Ventura Highway in the sunshine
Where the days are longer
The nights are stronger
Than moonshine

n0002.JPG0001a.JPGn0003.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Chewing on a piece of grass
Walking down the road
Tell me, how long you gonna stay here Joe?
Some people say this town don't look
Good in snow
You don't care, I know

Ventura Highway in the sunshine
Where the days are longer
The nights are stronger
Than moonshine

n0002.JPG0001a.JPGn0003.JPG

A favorite song!  Gotta get the vinyl out now!  Thanks Bernie!!! 

JD, Thanks for bringing this old thread back up and reporting the fact that the pictures weren't showing. It appears the pictures were posted before the latest software update and I know we lost some temporarily back then but thought they had all returned. I'll check with Peter to see if he has any thoughts or fix for the problem.? 

My avatar!  First car, no longer in my possession.  It was so darn cold in VT when I was working on this that I had to pack it up in October and couldn't put it back in the garage until May.

first Car.JPG

No longer my avatar, but that was a car in great condition.  This photo was taken in about 1974.  Wonder where the car is today, if it even exists.

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

What's the temperature to go along with the snow?  In NE Kansas we have maybe an inch on the ground but the temperatures are in the lower single digits during the day and dropping overnight.  I'll trade you the snow for the temperatures.

Ed

• Like 1

Expecting 12" to 18" starting today mid-day ending tonight mid-night.  Here we go again!...Winter just downright sucks!!  Hope MA doesn't end up with over 110" this season like we did in 2015.

Both Buicks are snug in their vinyl igloos until April. 

2 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Snow in the South.....

I am a couple of hours away from you. It is still rain here, although it is supposed to be freezing later today and tonight. We might get some snow/ice/rain mix later today. The strange thing is that before next weekend, the temperatures are supposed to be back over 70 degrees again here.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

14 degrees and a couple of inches in NE Texas.
Pete Phillips

IMGP2588.JPG

There are some good things about the winter.  The picture above, and the others from Matt, is one of them.  Namely, snow on a Buick does not obliterate the beauty of the beast!

But besides that, the other major positives from winter cold and snow may be:  Reduced insect population, with smaller insects overall, and a chance to recharge your own batteries ( and fuel supply savings account) awaiting the day when one can ride again. 

One last thing,  There are very rare instances of alligators in the ponds and swamps. :lol:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

14 degrees and a couple of inches in NE Texas.
Pete Phillips

IMGP2588.JPG

At least we're used to the snow up here and have learned how to deal with it especially when driving.  Our municipalities are equipped to deal with it.  

Of course everything is relevant.  One summer when I was vacationing in northern Wisconsin I noticed that the fire hydrants had what appeared to be 8 foot long steel rods sticking straight up from them; crudely welded to to nut on the top valve. When I inquired about them, I was told they were there to let the snow plow drivers where the fire hydrants were so they wouldn't plow through them and to let the fire fighters know where to find them.

I purchased an 8.5 hp snowblower this year.  My rationalization for this was that if I bought it, the snow gods would make sure I wouldn't need it.  So far it's working. ?

• Like 3

-4 F here. We've had enough snow that I think the '54 parts car is likely going to be buried in a drift again. I'm hoping for the weather to warm a bit to head out to the country and move some snow (with a 26 hp Kubota). I bought a little snow blower for the city this fall...good use so far. I'm aging and I've come to the realization that the kids aren't about to move snow to my satisfaction so I figured I'd make my life easier. 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, DShip said:

Expecting 12" to 18" starting today mid-day ending tonight mid-night.  Here we go again!...Winter just downright sucks!!  Hope MA doesn't end up with over 110" this season like we did in 2015.

Both Buicks are snug in their vinyl igloos until April. 

I just left MIT - was 12 degrees at one point.

Feel sorry for all Buicks there

-_-