Need to ID a GM 61-63 Trumpet horn Please.

62 driver

I want to know what GM make and model uses the 925 Long Trumpet horn. This is a long trumpet horn, and not sure the application. This last 3 numbers on the stamped into the metal 925. The whole part # is Group # 2.810 Part # 1999925, which supersedes to 1999897. The horn including the bracket is 21 inches long. The 947 trumpet horn which I have is identical and I know it is for 1961-63 Cadillac. Any help to look it up in a GM parts book would be kind. Dave

try 1965 impala as they had trumpet third horn,mounted on top of inner fender.I bought a '65 Impala SS convertible brand new and the only horns I recall were twin coiled horns behind the grille. Don't tell me I have Alzheimers. I was a volunteer fireman/first aider at the time and added two blue lights behind the grille beside the horns. Then Virginia State Police decided no one but them could have blue lights and I had to replace the blue lenses with red ones. I'd open the trunk at night when parked on the side of the road on a call and turn on the hazard flashers. From the front of the car you saw the parking lights flashing, inboard and above them were the two 5" blue lights flashing and above the roof of the car two red lights on the raised trunklid flashing. It made quite a show.

The U-03 Tri-Volume trumpet horn is listed as a 1965 genuine Chevrolet dealer accessory for the 1965 Chevelle, Chevrolet and Chevy II. It sold for $10.65. I believe it was dealer installed, and normally mounted on top of the inner fender as stated previously.

I believe the same horn was available on other GM cars. I know I've seen them on several Buicks.

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)

Guest Commodore

I cannot find any reference to the 1999925 part number which may not be a surprise if it has been superseded. The Chevelle part maybe a replacement part and may not look anything like the 1999925 part except it has the same tone. If the horn is a dealer accessory like Dave@Moon suggests it may not have any app except all sixties GM cars.

Guest Commodore

I looked in to the U-03 Tri-Volume trumpet horn and found this Vintage Chevrolet Club forum post on it. The post listed the part number for the horn option as 986265.

http://vcca.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/40901/Re_trumpet_horn_on_65_Chevelle

Checking into part number 986265 shows that the app is 1965 Chevrolet All except 6 cyl. w/ oil bath air cleaner. See part catalog page.

http://www.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=7833

Edited by Commodore (see edit history)