Bonnie and Clyde… Ok, so this couple isn’t really...

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else watch part 1 of the show last night? It's an antique car lovers dream! From dozens of typical Model A's to the Paddy Wagon and trucks. The story is interesting and all, but I loved seeing all the cars they gathered for it. Same reason I love all movies of the pre-war era, especially Public Enemies, and the short '39 Buick stint in Captain America.

About the only model car I saw in the first 1/2 hr. was Model A Fords. I hate these modern "Period' films as they never get the cars right. If you watch the old gangster films ,you probably never see Model A in any of them. One opening scene shows Barrow and his brother hoeing a garden and Clyde comments on a Model A Ford Victoria driving down the road: problem is that the scene chronolgy is in late '29 and the Victoria wasn't introduced until November 1930! Also, they show the "death car" (which they got right) being towed by a '35 or '36 Ford truck ; a vehicle not yet in production! Remember, they were killed in May 1934. To me the whole thing just seems hokey,and I turned it off after the second commercial!

If these movie producers would only consider trying to find some consultants from the AACA or other old car groups for determining the correct old cars in movies, we would all be happy. Trouble is, they rarely care to get it correct. It's all about the "love interest" or the plot and not about the cars like it is to us. An old '35 Ford probably looks like a '33 to them.

If you look back at the original photographs, Bonnie and Clyde themselves weren't nearly as good looking as the actors either. I made my wife mad yesterday when she was watching some Sunday movie. It was supposed to be happening circa 1937, but all the shiny "new" looking cars were circa Model A's, or ten years old, while the beat up "old" farmer's pickup was actually a 38 Ford. Like most viewers, she had no need for my chronologically accurate comments.

The lawman "HAMER" stated that Barrow preferred "BIG BLOCKS", but 40 minutes into Part 2 they still had him driving a Model-A...

...and when did a Flat-Head 1932 Ford come to be called a "BIG BLOCK", especially in that era?

The lawman "HAMER" stated that Barrow preferred "BIG BLOCKS", but 40 minutes into Part 2 they still had him driving a Model-A...

...and when did a Flat-Head 1932 Ford come to be called a "BIG BLOCK", especially in that era?

From what I saw he sure loved his Glassic!!

Howard Dennis