1930 LeBaron Cabriolet

Guest mah0401

Nice looking car. I'd say the only way to know original colors would be to find a picture of this car before restoration, or find some part of it not painted. A friend has a red '59 Tbird, originally another color, and it took 15 minutes to find one little bitty place that they hadn't repainted, it was yellow before!

My personal opinion is that very few cars were ever painted, in the early 30's, white from the factory.

Nice lines on the Stutz though, love the low top.....

Correct AJ. This car originally had a straight windshield and the slant of the rear of the top has been modified too. This is a well known car that was with the same owner since the 1950's. I believe the modifications were done in the 1950's. Assuming whoever buys this car will repaint it more conservative colors, that would be the ideal time to fix the modifications and put it back the way it was new. It won't be that hard to do.

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

Whew, nice looking cars....compared to Packards of the same year not crazy money, just a little high....

I was at a guys house last week and saw his 28 Packards...one a dual cowl phaeton, the other a coupe. Quite frankly, aside from the grille, they looked pretty much like these Stutzes. If anything, the Stutz has a less distinctive grille...but I like it better. $150K seems a bit high for an older restoration or for a modified car...unless it was delivered that way..and that can be verified.

Edited by JohnBoyle (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...