DODGE BROTHERS BARN FIND

That's a DA standard sedan, nice looking car to start with. Doesn't look like it would take much. I have a '29 sport sedan, which has wire wheels, but is very similar to yours. The serial number SHOULD be attached to the floorboard at passenger's feet. In your dashboard pic, pull the floormat down up in the righthand corner, should be there. I'd really like to see a closeup of that floormat. Someone is trying to repro them. Maybe lay a tape measure in the picture for scale. I'd like to know exact width of ribs, border, etc. The original carbs were made of pot metal, zinc, and fell apart. Several other carbs fit and work quite well on the engines. Thanks.

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)

In the 1st picture, showing the engine right side, there appears to be a bracket attached to one of the exhaust outlet bolts. There is a spring attached to the bracket that appears to be going to the forward valve chamber cover. I have not seen this before. can anyone shed any light on this? This is a really nice original DA. Great find. Thanks, Terry

In the 1st picture, showing the engine right side, there appears to be a bracket attached to one of the exhaust outlet bolts. There is a spring attached to the bracket that appears to be going to the forward valve chamber cover. I have not seen this before. can anyone shed any light on this? This is a really nice original DA. Great find. Thanks, Terry

Guest danceswithpumps

Great score! I have the DA 1930 Deluxe Coupe with rumble seat. Your car looks a lot like mine but because I don't have a serial number list here with me at the moment can't give you help on the month of manufacture. My serial number is DA 84565 with a motor number: H99961 with a manufacture date of July 2, 1929 and was titled as a 1930, so I would say yours was made in 1929 also. According to what info. I have DA 123481 was the last number for the 1929s at Dec. 31, 1929. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I got with my build card from the Chrysler corp. if I'm reading it right.

Good luck restoring your DB!:)

Rod van Pelt

Guest 1930
Great score! I have the DA 1930 Deluxe Coupe with rumble seat. Your car looks a lot like mine but because I don't have a serial number list here with me at the moment can't give you help on the month of manufacture. My serial number is DA 84565 with a motor number: H99961 with a manufacture date of July 2, 1929 and was titled as a 1930, so I would say yours was made in 1929 also. According to what info. I have DA 123481 was the last number for the 1929s at Dec. 31, 1929. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I got with my build card from the Chrysler corp. if I'm reading it right.

Good luck restoring your DB!:)

Rod van Pelt

Hello Rod 123481 Last DA manufactured 3/14 1930

Starting DA 1 at 12/17/1928

Any car built after Jul 1 1929 be considered a 1930 series

Guest danceswithpumps
Hello Rod 123481 Last DA manufactured 3/14 1930

Starting DA 1 at 12/17/1928

Any car built after Jul 1 1929 be considered a 1930 series

Thank you, Jason for the correction on the date of last DA made and title date.

Rod van Pelt

Guest 1930
Thank you, Jason for the correction on the date of last DA made and title date.

Rod van Pelt

Some Lit. states 12-1 and some 12-17. Whos to know though I guess.

• 9 months later...

OLDTINPUSHER, Did your DA have the original top material on it? I am trying to find how the top material was padded when it was stretched over the chicken wire and was the padding carried over the edges of the metal strips around the 4 sides. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 years later...

That's Amazing light speed! from pics a month ago? are you just cleaning and squirting paint engine in the car frame paint as you go just to make a nice clean driver? does she run? either way looks great! :)

P.S.  One thing I noticed I think those trumpet horns are from a 1938 era up ? cars thought the 1929 dodge DA used a Single Northeast, not positive keiser31 would know better.

cheers

1 hour ago, thehandleman said:

That's Amazing light speed! from pics a month ago? are you just cleaning and squirting paint engine in the car frame paint as you go just to make a nice clean driver? does she run? either way looks great! :)

P.S.  One thing I noticed I think those trumpet horns are from a 1938 era up ? cars thought the 1929 dodge DA used a Single Northeast, not positive keiser31 would know better.

cheers

Those other photos were 4 years ago. The horns are incorrect and thehandleman is correct on the horn style.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...