Our Museum's Electric Cars

Guest Nancy DeWitt

Guest Nancy DeWitt

Finally got some photos of our 1903 Columbia Mark XIX Surrey yesterday, so I figured I'd share one as well as photos of our 1913 Argo Model C Fore-Drive Limousine and 1912 (I still question this date) Rauch & Lang Brougham.

post-58418-143141830028_thumb.jpg

post-58418-143141829978_thumb.jpg

post-58418-143141830009_thumb.jpg

Guest diego york

Great! Looking forward for more photos. Regarding electric cars I have a recent research that previous technology limitations had rendered the electric car impractical. Battery technology has come a long way in the last few years making the electric car more practical. Now with a government backing we could see more and more electric cars on the road. Besides, have you heard that there are severe safety issues with the present lithium-ion batteries that are used in electric and hybrid automobiles? A research firm says that it has found a way to make a better battery that can create a longer driving range by utilizing a solid electrolyte instead of a liquid one.

• 8 years later...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of you Rauch and Lang. Our museum has a 1916 R&L currently undergoing a cosmetic restoration. 

Do you know if a source where we could have new rubber mats made for the running boards?

20201104_144210.jpg