1983 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary Hurst/Olds #429 w Lightning Rods

Survivor 1983 Hurst/Olds #429 of 3001 built. Built on 12-20-1982. Purchased from original owner August 8, 2003 in Tifton, GA whom originaly purchased from Price Chevrolet-Oldsmobile, Inc.Tifton, GA. I have lots of original documentation; build sheet, etc...

A very solid southern car which has all its original paint, rare sand drift (gray) interior, and W40 Hurst package which includes the infamous Hurst Lightning Rod shifter.  All original body panels, no rust - even very bottom of door are clear of rust. I have only washed this car three times since ownership. Keeping water off the car is important. Car has approximately 81,357 miles. Brand new Cooper Cobra tires installed.

Car has paraded Indianapolis Motor Speedway on three occasions - 2004, 2009, and 2014 with photos of the car passing the layered brick finish line. Also photos with Jack "Doc" Watson - one of the designers and innovators of the Hurst/Olds project and Linda Vaughn "Miss Hurst" - both of which autographed the trunk and photos to support.

The car runs great.  I am only selling the car because I do not have the time. Priorities have changed.  Paint faded and lacquer checked on top.  Sides are nice.

Additional photos can be viewed here: 83HurstOlds Photos by Oldshurst83 | Photobucket

Any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks for taking the time to view the advertisement!

Experian Automotive's AutoCheck vehicle history reports this car above range at 27 (normally goes to 25) which is a patent-pending AutoCheck Score - a rating system that allows you to buy with confidence by quickly and easily evaluating all the vehicle's history data with one convenient score.

Car is located in Alsip, IL and would like to receive $32,000, but open to all reasonable offers. 

post-87669-143141825417_thumb.jpg

post-87669-143141825434_thumb.jpg

post-87669-143141825449_thumb.jpg

post-87669-143141825467_thumb.jpg

post-87669-143141825485_thumb.jpg

Edited by 83HurstOlds
Update mileage. (see edit history)

Good price on a nice car. I often think about grabbing an 80s H/O or 442 then I realise that what you said holds true for me as well- "I do not have the time. Priorities have changed."

How else can you explain two OCA National winners not having been started much less driven since February 2008?

If you have the money, resources, and find what you're looking for - go for it. I would prefer to keep since I doubt I will find another in this condition. This is my fourth 83 Hurst/Olds and had many other G-bodies. I realize the spots prone for rust and this car has none.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...