Help Identifying Stutz Bearcat from family photo

Guest Dave McC

Guest Dave McC

I am providing the family photo below in the hope that someone can provide some specifics on the pictured automobile. The photo was taken outside of my great-grandfather's home sometime before 1920 (I think). I appreciate any responses.

post-92298-143141816611_thumb.jpg

1916 Stutz Bearcat, last year with bucket seats and round tank on back deck, changes from 1915 include delete of side lamps and new rounded headlamp rims. Houk wire wheels were now standard equipment after being optional ( wood wheels had been standard). Nice car and thanks for posting a fine picture.

Guest Dave McC

Thanks for the response - just what I wanted to know.

I have one more photo to share. This automobile belonged to my great-grandfather, Charles P. Fay, master mechanic and Vice President of Stevens Arms Company in Chicopee Falls, MA. The company was manufacturing Stevens-Duryea automobiles in the early 1900's, and the picture shows the family car with my grandmother and her sisters. I don't know anything more about the automobile (model, year, etc.). Any help is appreciated.

David

post-92298-14314181667_thumb.jpg

Neat photo. Might I suggest that you sent a copy to the new editor of the Stutz News?

Might make a nice addition to the club archives....and give him a page filler if he runs short on artiles for some issue.

He's Carl Jensen and can be reached at cajensen2 at aol dot com (please excuse the anti-span measures).

And by the way, 99% of the time when people ask club members to ID their grandfather's "Stutz Bearcat", it turns out to ne anything but a Stutz. :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what happened to the car?

I am providing the family photo below in the hope that someone can provide some specifics on the pictured automobile. The photo was taken outside of my great-grandfather's home sometime before 1920 (I think). I appreciate any responses.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184879[/ATTACH]