1930 dodge brothers eight argentina (restoration and search ofsome parts)

Guest dodge eight argentina

I have a 1930 dodge inline eight-cylinder engine, its state is 100% OEM. I missing parts (radiator cap, two cups of wheels and center radiator emblem (dodge). seeking restoration manuals and parts manuals know their original colors and other details. perifecto the car is in conservation status but lack detail painting and upholstery.

I appreciate anyone who can help me in this work of restoration and parts search.

Greetings from Argentina

Edited by dodge eight argentina (see edit history)

I have a 1930 dodge inline eight-cylinder engine, its state is 100% OEM. I missing parts (radiator cap, two cups of wheels and center radiator emblem (dodge). seeking restoration manuals and parts manuals know their original colors and other details. perifecto the car is in conservation status but lack detail painting and upholstery.

I appreciate anyone who can help me in this work of restoration and parts search.

Greetings from Argentina

Hello and welcome to AACA forums. A very good source of information for these rare vehicles is through the Dodge Brothers Club. The membership has several cars like yours. I know two people personally that have recently restored Dodge 8's. One is a 1930 DC8 Straight 8 Rumble Seat Coupe; the other, a 1930 DC8 Straight 8 Sedan. They are beautiful cars with amazing engines. Information on the club can be found at Dodge Brothers Club

You can PM me for specific contact information for the owner's of the DC8's. For their privacy, I won't publish that info openly without permission.

The Dodge Brothers Club also has a technical adviser for your vintage car. He is VERY knowledgeable about these vehicles and is eager to help new members. I would also recommend that you post this question specifically in the Dodge Brothers Section of this forum for better answers to your questions.

Now let me ask you a question: I recently finished a 1929 Dodge Brothers Phaeton that was originally from Argentina (near Buenos Aires). While restoring the vehicle, I found that some of the upholstery door panels were replaced by a man (tapateria) who wrote his address and name inside the panels when he did the work in 1957. His town was Villa Eloisa near Buenos Aires. I looked up this town and found a current phone directory of the residents. It turns out that someone with the same last name still lives at the address written inside the panel. My guess is that it is the tapateria's son or grandson that lives there now. By any chance do you live near there? Or would you be willing to contact him for me? My Spanish is ok, but not fluent. I'm sure the grandson would love to see this panel, and maybe he knows something about this car.

Thanks, Joe

Hello and welcome to AACA forums. A very good source of information for these rare vehicles is through the Dodge Brothers Club. The membership has several cars like yours. I know two people personally that have recently restored Dodge 8's. One is a 1930 DC8 Straight 8 Rumble Seat Coupe; the other, a 1930 DC8 Straight 8 Sedan. They are beautiful cars with amazing engines. Information on the club can be found at Dodge Brothers Club

You can PM me for specific contact information for the owner's of the DC8's. For their privacy, I won't publish that info openly without permission.

The Dodge Brothers Club also has a technical adviser for your vintage car. He is VERY knowledgeable about these vehicles and is eager to help new members. I would also recommend that you post this question specifically in the Dodge Brothers Section of this forum for better answers to your questions.

Now let me ask you a question: I recently finished a 1929 Dodge Brothers Phaeton that was originally from Argentina (near Buenos Aires). While restoring the vehicle, I found that some of the upholstery door panels were replaced by a man (tapateria) who wrote his address and name inside the panels when he did the work in 1957. His town was Villa Eloisa near Buenos Aires. I looked up this town and found a current phone directory of the residents. It turns out that someone with the same last name still lives at the address written inside the panel. My guess is that it is the tapateria's son or grandson that lives there now. By any chance do you live near there? Or would you be willing to contact him for me? My Spanish is ok, but not fluent. I'm sure the grandson would love to see this panel, and maybe he knows something about this car.

Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe, I'm very happy that restoring old cars give the chance to meet people from around the world as far away BUT somehow UNITED MAINLY THROUGH HISTORY OF CARS.

AS TO THE QUESTION OF "TAPERTERIA" I think it is a surname or name but it is a profession OR NAME restoration workshop that word would be what you would call "Tapestry". IF YOU SEND ME THE ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS OF THE PERSON I communicate ELOISA VILLA FOR YOU. I would, very happy.

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND MY TEXT understand please say TRY AGAIN.

CARLOS

• 2 months later...

G'day Carlos.

Good luck with your restoration.

I have a 1930 Dodge Bros. DC8. It was a real basket case but is now back on the road but not completed. It has an Australian made roadster body built by T J Richards in Adelaide.

I do have a Dodge master parts list from 1929 to 1939. It has a lot of illustrations which was a great help to me during the renovations. If you need details of any particular parts or assemblies I could scan and send on to you.

Jim

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, michael.marsilio@yahoo.com said:

Aussie 8. I have a DC8 and would love a copy of the Dodge Master Parts list. 

thank you 

Michael 

michael.marsilio@yahoo.com

Also does anyone have a copy of "Dodge Brothers EIGHT Instruction Book 1930"?

1930 Dodge DC-8.jpg

Beautiful car!!