Paint colors for 1933 Plymouth PD Convertible Coupe

1935EB

The good folks who manage this Forum are to be commended. This is easier than posting from Photobucket. How long have we been able to do this?

Anyway. One item we were working with was the repair of my grille. The one I got with the car was already welded to the grille shell. This presented a problem of course. I bought a new one that I thought was NOS because it was painted black enamel and looked very straight. It was missing a few teeth but aren't we all?

I cut a few bars from the "Custom" grille to place in the new grille. The screws you see are to position the teeth when welding the ring to them. The teeth are paper thin and were welded with a heliarc welder by a guy that knows how to use this equipment. The rest of the photos are self explanatory . I wanted also to show the door alignment, as this turned out well.

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 h.jpg

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 i.jpg

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 c.jpg

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 g.jpg

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 d.jpg

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 e.jpg

1933 Plymouth PD Assembly Feb 2018 f.jpg

Good to have you back again Chris, I was some what worried until I received your email, thank you for that. You certainly have proved that the wait was worth it. 

Thanks for posting your latest progress.

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/5/2013 at 11:53 AM, ply33 said:

Can't say about welting between the running board and the splash apron as that was a mess when I got the car in '73 and I did not take photos when I first dealt with it. Suffice it to say, I can't remember that detail.

However I was a bit more careful in taking pictures when I removed the body from the frame in the '78/'79 time frame. There appears to be no welting or piping between the splash apron and the body. And you can see the fabric and pads and how they fit on the apron, etc. in these photos. I have more photos available on my home file server to look through but getting to them in an easy to browse way from work is hard so these three will have to do for the moment.

post-30650-143142178191_thumb.jpg

post-30650-143142178193_thumb.jpg

post-30650-143142178195_thumb.jpg

did you have to remove the interior to remove the cab from frame or were (would) you be able to leave interior in while removing cab? 

3 hours ago, Sactownog said:

did you have to remove the interior to remove the cab from frame or were (would) you be able to leave interior in while removing cab? 

Wow! That is a post from a long time ago.

Seats were removed but the glass, etc. was still in. That glass adds a bunch of weight, it would probably be easier and safer to do it with the all the glass and interior removed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 4:02 PM, 1935EB said:

One of my favorite pictures from a past posting was from Knobless. This photo is quite inspiring to me and helps keep the progress moving. Holy smokes thats my car paid 400 bucks for it  sam

249991d1401189000-paint-colors-1933-plymouth-pd-convertible-img031.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi Chris, hope all is well with you and you are having fun with the car. Recently I came across a thread by Scott talking about the provisions of drains to try and prevent water getting into the trunk, was wondering if you tackled the problem but didn't document it. Here's the link https://forums.aaca.org/topic/367096-1934-plymouthdodge-rumble-seat-drain/ Still working on mine but I will drive it one day.

Tom