Just curious, what's everyones age, and what year Riv(s) do you own?

Guest Rob J

Guest merrillcrosbie

I will be 57 very soon. I have had my 1983 Riviera Convertible for 30 years. I bought it new in my twenties. I have been everywhere in it. It is still an amazingly comfortable car to travel in. I love it.

People don't know what it is anymore. When I first bought it people were impressed with such a rare BUICK. Since it is actually "Riviera by Buick" the Buick badging is very small and not obvious. People will now confuse it for a Cadillac or if they spy the R on the hood ornament they often think it is a Rolls. Just seeing the Riviera badging doesn't mean "Buick" to a lot of people anymore. But everyone notices it even if they can't quite place it.

post-80272-143141805008_thumb.jpg

Guest slacker1965

I'm 47, have a 63 & 65 riv, both projects...... still own my 1st car, a 55 chevy 210 delray & a bunch of project cars. my mother & brother both owned 65 riv's when I was in high school. my brother recently bought a clean 64 that he is having the motor rebuilt in.......

Guest Roostriz

I'm 32. I have a 65. In the process of replacing the funked up non-original 401 with a 66 425. It's a shared project between my father, who's 64, and I.

Guest onedesertdog

61 years old.......65 Rivi Non GS 425 2x4 all matching numbers. But it's all deluxe. Also, on that sweet Shoebox, my Son has one in robin egg blue. Imagine how I feel when I have to ask Him if I can borrow it...lol

Guest Gseago
Born in 1966 and have a 1965.[ATTACH=CONFIG]183988[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]183989[/ATTACH]

Nice looking Riviera, any other info on the Impala on the left?

I’ll be 55 this summer …

<O:p</O:p

I have my ’65, numbers matching 401, owned since ’94, it will never be “nice”. Contemplating/planning on modding it; 2” top chop, sunroof from my old ’92 Riv, interior from my ’95 parts car, then some engine mods, I’ve had it this long without driving it much so what’s another 100 years?!?

Purchased the ’72 GS last year, Numbers matching “WA” 455, 1 of 88 special ordered paint, “SCO 661” on the body tag.

Purchase the ’93 Oct of ’11, 62,000 miles, nice original example.

The ’95, 60,000 miles, 1 repaint, black/taupe interior, my favorite of the last generation I own.<O:p

</O:p

Silver Arrow #152, 72,000 miles, some paint touch-ups but overall a nice original.<O:p

Silver Arrow #10, 211,000 miles, very rough-saved from a scrap-yard, daily driver right now.<O:p</O:p

One ’95 for parts … planning for the interior to go into the ’65.

We also have my ’01 GMC with almost 200,000 miles, and Gwyn’s ’12 VW Beetle, see like her Beetle, she is on her second one! Oh, and my 2 Harley’s.<O:p

That’s pretty much it, lots, well maybe not “lots” compared to others here, of toys.

Guest Shurt24

Yes, it does. And yes it is. :)

My DD is the 403.

I have another '77 that needs work before its drive-able, it has the SBB 350.

I haven't quite decided which route I want to go with it, yet.

Guest loadmaster

I just turned 60 last November but I've been playing with these Rivieras since I was 21. Had fourteen or fifteen '63 thru '65s (3 of which were GS models - now 4) a '68, '69 and a couple '73's but I keep coming back to the '65. I vended NOS Buick parts from 1986 thru 1993 and also had many other interesting Buicks. Unfortunately I sold them before their time but those were stepping stones and it was a blast. Just picked up a '65 GS for resale. An 18,000 mile car, purchased by the 2nd owner in 1968 and well stored since 1972. Left behind by Viet Nam veteran that returned but wasn't capable of driving, so there it sat. Interesting car with unbelievable originality. This one will make one Riv collector happy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest atomickneedrop

49 with a 64. I wanted to drive something as old as me. Currently rebuilding engine, refreshing the trans, making sure everything works, dropping in a posi. Next year repainting it back to marlin blue.

I am 35 with a 1964 original black/black factory dual quad car. I inherited it from my Father who passed away in 2003 and he LOVED this car. My Grandfather on my Father's side bought a '63 brand new when they came out. Story goes he went to Atlanta for a pair of shoes and came back with a Riv(white w/ red interior). He stopped at a diner on the way back and the local police ended up directing traffic as people were coming off the highway to see the car. My Father had 3-4 first gen Rivs and even owned J. Paul Getty's 1964(I think, may have been a 63) Riviera which he bought at a used car lot in Atlanta by accident. The "Made Expressly For" plate gave it away. That car got rearended at some point and he fixed it and sold it. He regretted selling that one, not sure where it went. He found the black dual quad 64 in Hemmings in 1998-1999 and that was his favorite. I am carrying on the tradition, his car is constantly being upgraded and I have parted out 6 64-65's and worked on too many to remember. I love them, just need more space!

Guest Gseago
I am 35 with a 1964 original black/black factory dual quad car. I inherited it from my Father who passed away in 2003 and he LOVED this car. My Grandfather on my Father's side bought a '63 brand new when they came out. Story goes he went to Atlanta for a pair of shoes and came back with a Riv(white w/ red interior). He stopped at a diner on the way back and the local police ended up directing traffic as people were coming off the highway to see the car. My Father had 3-4 first gen Rivs and even owned J. Paul Getty's 1964(I think, may have been a 63) Riviera which he bought at a used car lot in Atlanta by accident. The "Made Expressly For" plate gave it away. That car got rearended at some point and he fixed it and sold it. He regretted selling that one, not sure where it went. He found the black dual quad 64 in Hemmings in 1998-1999 and that was his favorite. I am carrying on the tradition, his car is constantly being upgraded and I have parted out 6 64-65's and worked on too many to remember. I love them, just need more space!
Dave are you in/from the Atlanta area?

Guest Sayessa

36 for a few more months, 65 Riviera non-GS. It's in really rough shape but we're chipping away at it. Was my father's (he bought it used but only a couple years old), then my brothers, now mine.