1929 Model M Weyman body, Versailles Stutz. FOR SALE. U.K.

pauline1

Hi, The following car is now for sale due to family bereavement, 1929 Model M Weyman body, Versailles Stutz. This car has had a complete restoration and is in concours condition throughout, very rare model. The car is located in north yorkshire, England U.K. it was my fathers car  who was a Stutz club member, me being his daughter, any advise as to its value and offers will be considered. thank you, pauline....

DSCF1883.JPG

Edited by pauline1 (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

Hello,  the vehicle is still in my possession as I'm still not sure whats the best way to sell the car. Ive found out a little more information about it, ive been told there is only 3 restored models of this vehicle and that my Stutz is the only one with the original chassis.  Can anyone please tell me what would be the value of this vehicle and where would the best place be to sell it.

Many thanks

You are in luck because you have  very close recent auction comp on a rare car:

http://www.rmsothebys.com/hf13/hershey/lots/1930-stutz-model-mb-versailles-by-weymann/1063357

Note that the Versailles probably brings 25-35% of what the "Monte Carlo" body would bring in similar condition. There are a couple of "Monte Carlo" results in the last few years but they are much stronger.

If the car is RHD that will hurt its value in the U.S.A, maybe by as much as 25%.   The car whose results I posted was a older restoration, if your car is nicer it could do better.

In 2013, RM Auctions sold a Weyman body Versailles Stutz at the Hershey Pa. auction.  The car was in very nice condition, some things original and some things restored.  It sold for $77,000 US.  If yours is in better condition, it might bring $80,000 to $100,000, based on that sale.

While a unique body, it's not quite the styling of some other Stutz cars (such as the Monte Carlo), so may be a little harder to get the big bucks for it....good luck

It is good that we basically said the same thing Dave.  Great minds think alike.  I thought the one at Hershey was an "ok" older restoration.  Door fit was ok, chassis was in well used shape, etc.  I think a 100 point bring it to Pebble car would bring twice as much.