Auto Glass?

Guest boettger

Guest boettger

I acquired several pieces of auto glaass.<BR>There appears to be a three piece rear window set for some '50 sedan or hardtop. Two small triangular curved pieces and a large rectangular section also curved, but flatter.<BR> <BR>Could be like a '50's Nash Sedan?<P>There are also a couple of smaller rectangular almost flat pieces.<P>There are no markings on the glass.<P>I thought about making a patttern to take with me to shows to comare to vehicles to narrow down the choices.<P>Does anyone have any ideas on how to identify the application?<P>They are too nice to just junk. If I can figure out what they fit and someone that has a vehiclle that they fit they will go real cheap!!!<BR><P>------------------<BR>Steve Boettger<BR>'30 DeSoto 8<BR>'59 Nash Metropolitan<BR>'23 Chevrolet Touring<BR>Iroquois Region, AACA Web Site<BR>http://www.aaca.org/iroquois/

Maybe some picts of them & patterns would help.Maybe post them here. There is probably some guy out there that could tell just by looking at them.<P>------------------<BR>Mike<BR><A HREF="http://1964cadillac.carsouth.com" TARGET=_blank>1964 Cadillac & Cars from the 40`s to 70`s<P>FREE! Cadillac parts posting</A>

Steve, ~~ I have books to identify any auto glass part back to 1930, but only if you have the NAGS number. That only means I can tell you what pattern or part number you would need for a car, but no way to identify an unmarked part. I doubt that they can be identified by eye. As an example, there were 8 diffferent windshield halves used in '49 Chevrolets and you just can't identify what models they fit by looking [except right from left]. Three piece rear windows were common in the '50's and there would be dozens of possibilities. All have different size and curvature. ~~ HV