Rear Sway Bar Bushings Again

D-a-n-i-e-l

Guest Corvanti
I should be back in mid April. giv or take a week.

well, if i haven't said it before: Thank you for your Service to your (our) Country!!! :cool:

that is all! ;)

I am thinking that those bushings could be reproduced with a product called"Repro Rubber". An impression, or mold could be made of the one on Jims table in the photo,

then the repro rubber poured into the mold to form the new bushing. Chances are that Danial will not find Repro Rubber in Afganistan, but when he is safely home again,

it can be purchased from Flex Bar in New York. I have not tried this, it is just an idea that I think might work. I hope that it does.

I am thinking that those bushings could be reproduced with a product called"Repro Rubber". An impression, or mold could be made of the one on Jims table in the photo,

then the repro rubber poured into the mold to form the new bushing. Chances are that Danial will not find Repro Rubber in Afganistan, but when he is safely home again,

it can be purchased from Flex Bar in New York. I have not tried this, it is just an idea that I think might work. I hope that it does.

I put alot of thought into molding them myself, but it just did not seem feasable. I already had them made. To my surprise they were delivered late yesterday to my house. I will have a friend install a set some time in the next week, and I will have one set sent to me to verify the quality. Then They will be available for purchace.

Guest Furman83

D-a-n-i-e-l,

Thank you for your service!!!!, My son just came back from Afghanistan after his 1 year tour. Can't thank you all enough for your efforts and sacrifice. Keep us posted, I do not mind you making several bucks to compensate you for your troubles and effort to help the REATTA community!

Guest Furman83

Bushwack,

I would like to meet you all at the June 23rd meeting, can a newbee join or is this only for seasoned Reatta veterans.

I though this was in Indiana (South Bend). am I incorrect? I live in Nashville, TN.

The Buick National meet is in South Bend July 17-20. Reatta division members (I assume you need to be a Reatta division member and/or a BCA member) will have a get together during the meet. Barney Eaton should have more information.

For those that can't travel to Indiana, The Reatta Rally will be on June 23rd (not affiliated with the BCA or Reatta Division). Any past, present or future Reatta owner can attend. More info here: ReattaDriver (click the 'Reatta Rally' star burst along the left margin).

I'm planning an independent Reatta event as well for the fall of this year in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stay tuned for more info
Could you be a little more specific as to where you will meet? Will it be in the TN end of the parkway or will you be going north? The Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area would be a great destination.

Could you be a little more specific as to where you will meet? Will it be in the TN end of the parkway or will you be going north? The Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area would be a great destination.

I'm thinking of starting in Meadows of Dan ,VA and going south and ending up close to Lenoir NC for a BOPC show. I need to make a trip up there this spring and take a look at the lay if the land though.

I put alot of thought into molding them myself, but it just did not seem feasable. I already had them made. To my surprise they were delivered late yesterday to my house. I will have a friend install a set some time in the next week, and I will have one set sent to me to verify the quality. Then They will be available for purchace.
If you would like to have those parts listed in The Reatta Store I would be happy to do so at no cost to you.

Thank you for your work on finding a source for these parts.

I never heard back from you about the 10 sets I wanted to order.

I never heard back from you about the 10 sets I wanted to order.

I am holding off on making purchase arrangments until I have them tested and ready to ship. I do not want to tell anyone that they will have them and then have an issue with the parts. I will send you a PM one I have confirmed the fit and function.

I received a set of the bushings today. I am hoping to have them installed on my car this weekend, but due to the super bowl that may get pushed back to next weekend. BTW Go Niners! Here are acouple pictures of the bushings. They are just a bit softer than I was hoping for, but they are at least as hard as the OEM bushings and should last longer.post-49927-143141734735_thumb.jpg

post-49927-143141734702_thumb.jpg

post-49927-143141734728_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Furman83

I am still in for two sets. Let me know when the testing is complete. I am in a hurry to replace my rear struts and I am waiting on getting these to install with rear struts.

Thanks for your service.!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Daniel, do you prefer to sell outside of ebay to avoid the cut they put on the transaction? If so please PM me as I will be getting at least 2 sets. Would like to see you get the maximum possible out of the transaction, but if you prefer to do these through ebay, I'll just buy them on there.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this project!

KDirk

Guest geolewis

Based on GM part number 1627769, the rear sway bar bushing fits 88-91 Reattas 86-89 & 92-93 Riviera 92-93 Olds Tornado 91-92 Eldorado 86-90 Seville. Quite a few applications, might want to contact their clubs?

Guest Mc_Reatta
Based on GM part number 1627769, the rear sway bar bushing fits 88-91 Reattas 86-89 & 92-93 Riviera 92-93 Olds Tornado 91-92 Eldorado 86-90 Seville. Quite a few applications, might want to contact their clubs?

Or at least modify eBay listing to include those applications so that it shows up when a search on them is conducted too.

I was doing some parts checking for another Reatta owner and we already know the Riviera used the same parts but I also confirmed the Cadillac Seville and Elderado also have the same part. Since the Toronado is related you would expect it to be the same.

• 3 years later...

I need a set for the Red and assume that there are no more available from this order, so have contacted Jim to get some. However has anyone done the swap and have pointers or a "How To" to replace the rear strut bushings? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I responded to each of the PMs I received.

If all who say they want a set purchase them I am down to the last set. It took four years to sell them all off. Some of that is probably because I stopped listing them on Ebay. 

I put quite a bit of money into having them produced. If I have them produced again I am sure it will cost me the same if not more. 

I guess what I am getting at is there enough of a market to have an other production run done? 

Also would changing the color from red to black be more pleasing for the forum members?