2013 Carlisle National Spring Meet Info = PA Vehicles Featured

Ron Green

We are in the process of reviewing and finalizing many things such as traffic flow, parking, meet logistics, signs, direction of arrows on signs, etc, etc. Regarding your question:

Enter Gate 1 for trailer parking which will be manned by Gettysburg Region personnel until 6:00 PM Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If arriving after this hour there will either be additional Gettysburg Region personnel in place or signs directing you to the trailer parking area. Gate 1 will be open throughout the event with hired security officers overnight.

• 4 weeks later...
Ron,

Thank You Very Much for posting this information!

Some questions that are very important to me.

1. Will there be a car corral and flea market on Friday?

2. Will the packets be available at the fairgrounds on Friday or only at the host hotel?

3. Do we still enter at gate#2 on Saturday?

My buddy and I would like to come down on the Friday before the meet, but only if the trip down and back is worthwhile. We will both be there with our cars on Saturday.

Thanks

Some questions that are very important to me.

1. Will there be a car corral and flea market on Friday? Yes: 8:00 am till 5:00 pm daily beginning Thursday, and from 8:00 am till 3:00 pm on Saturday

2. Will the packets be available at the fairgrounds on Friday or only at the host hotel? Host hotel. Available on Saturday at the fairgrounds

3. Do we still enter at gate#2 on Saturday? For the flea marker of Saturday show? Either way we will have people posted plus signs to guide you.

• 3 weeks later...

All the food vendors will be under the grandstand at the food court. A few will be open and enough to keep the lines manageable. I believe the ones on the end that make the huge ham and cheese sandwiches and excellent soup will be there.

Ron, any idea how many cars are enter in the car show for this meet?

IIRC, the last meet hosted by the Gettysburg Region at Gettysburg, PA was around 850 or so.

Kinda curious as to how the two meets compare entry wise.

Q: I'm showing my car on Saturday, but I do not own a trailer and plan on driving my car to Carlisle on Friday. Is there parking within the showgrounds on Friday so I can park my show car during the day?

To clarify: a few food vendors will be open the day of show on Saturday under the grandstands. For Thursday and Friday there is a decent dinner a short walk just outside of Gate 1.

Charlie: car counts are down. There are approximately 775 cars registered not counting all the PA vehicles so we are around 800 total. At Gettysburg a few years ago we had close to 900 and the last time we had it at the Carlisle Fairgrounds (I believe 2003) there were 1200 registered.

<O:pHursst: yes you can park at the fairground starting on Thursday. If you need a ride to a hotel go to the motor home by building T and one of the region members will see you get a ride.

Charlie: car counts are down. There are approximately 775 cars registered not counting all the PA vehicles so we are around 800 total. At Gettysburg a few years ago we had close to 900 and the last time we had it at the Carlisle Fairgrounds (I believe 2003) there were 1200 registered.<o:p

Ron, Thanks for responding. Sorry to see the counts are down.

</o