I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Guest shadetree77
Not a picture - but something I like to share with other 1950 Buick owners!!

Thanks Stuart! I don't own a '50 but I like this cartoon. Nice wallpaper material for my laptop. Here's a slightly more vicious version I made up. Wow, I've been watching too many horror movies lately. Sort of has a Christine vibe to it doesn't it? Guess this is what happens when I'm bored at work. :P

post-75106-14313926682_thumb.jpg

A couple of my favorites among the many photos I've shot with my '59 Buick. These photos were taken at Seattle's Museum of Flight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]164245[/ATTACH]

Great looking 59. Of all the Buicks the 1959 was the one that started my love affair with cars.

A couple of my favorites among the many photos I've shot with my '59 Buick. These photos were taken at Seattle's Museum of Flight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]164245[/ATTACH]

Great photos Brian. Good set up with your Buick.

I always enjoy photos of The Constellation Airliner.

I like the Electra plates. How, where, or who did them for you. It gives me an idea for my 1938 Buick.

Of all the photos I own, this one is my absolute favorite.

Lots of style, grace, class, and depth.

This photo was taken 20 years before I was born. I have no idea what it was like to live in 1931, but for some, this photo tells the story.

1931 Buick with the then well known author Carmen Barnes (11-20-1912 to 8-19-1980) Her most famous work "Schoolgirl". It was bought by Paramount Pictures for $30,000 but never made into a film.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-58764-143139267475_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Dave, the "Electra" plates are originals -- part of a complete set of three plates -- "LeSabre", "Invicta", "Electra" -- that member AKBuickman's father picked up at the conclusion of the 1959 Chicago Auto Show. We have used these as a pattern to offer reproduction plates bearing this design, helping support the BCA's 1959 Division. The repos are not embossed and painted like these originals. These original plates are the only surviving set that I'm aware of, so I regard them as special treasures.

I have had a very long-term interest in the Lockheed Constellation airliners, so had long looked forward to the opportunity to photograph the Buick and the classic Lockheed together.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

Dave, the "Electra" plates are originals -- part of a complete set of three plates -- "LeSabre", "Invicta", "Electra" -- that member AKBuickman's father picked up at the conclusion of the 1959 Chicago Auto Show. We have used these as a pattern to offer reproduction plates bearing this design, helping support the BCA's 1959 Division. The repos are not embossed and painted like these originals. These original plates are the only surviving set that I'm aware of, so I regard them as special treasures.

I have had a very long-term interest in the Lockheed Constellation airliners, so had long looked forward to the opportunity to photograph the Buick and the classic Lockheed together.

Brian:

Thank you for the info.

In regard to the plates, It wont help me on my '38 Buick. So I'll have to buy a 1959 I guess.:)

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)