I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

I just noticed, I am wearing the same clothes in post #3238.

002.thumb.jpg.3393b7aebd7aceb956e6adc9fd441836.jpg

I was the relief operator working the swing shift running an absorption chilled water plant, nice job for a 25 year old. I always wore the uniform shirt, but didn't like those old man gray pants. I owned all three of those Buicks at that time. The maroon one had been mine for a couple of years and I had damaged the right front by kissing the side of one of our one lane canal bridges. That damaged the fender trim and face bar. I impulsively bought the '66 thinking I could use the front fenders on the '68. OOps! I ended up putting a driveshaft in the white one and driving it, bad CV joint. Used new parts on the '68.

Note: two cigarettes, I am holding the photographer's.

Bernie

• Like 2

a 1950 Buick as shown at the "Bulletproof" show in Florida this weekend.  The sagging springs will indicate to you that the rest of the cars at the show were definately highly modified.  I did not attend, this was shared.

Buick 45.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Elpad said:

107F08DC-ECF4-4EC4-8FE9-6C063F547D83-7407-000006C0BED8DEB7.jpeg

Bill Mitchell's personal factory customized 1963 Riviera.  It was at the 2005 ROA meet in Eureka Springs, AR.  A couple of otther ROA members and myself counted upwards of 50 modifications to the car.  Nice to have a factory behind you to do your work for you.  Anyone care to start naming the custom modifications?  I'll start with the two most obvious.  1) The roof is fiberglass and is chopped two inches. 2) the front end is two inches longer.  That allows for the hood to be pancaked.

• Like 2