Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Recommended Posts

I haven't driven on public streets since September 1st due to a stroke that has limited my vision as well as my ability to read proficiently. I have been backing the cars out from garage to driveway and watch the temperature gauge rise to normal washing  off the dust and returning it to the garage.  Last Monday my eye doctor said to come back in 4 weeks so I am still hopeful I will be allowed to drive again then.  I would appreciate your prayers in the intervening time. Don't  ask how long it took to type this post.

 

my Buicks.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CBloomberg said:

I haven't driven on public streets since September 1st due to a stroke that has limited my vision as well as my ability to read proficiently. I have been backing the cars out from garage to driveway and watch the temperature gauge rise to normal washing  off the dust and returning it to the garage.  Last Monday my eye doctor said to come back in 4 weeks so I am still hopeful I will be allowed to drive again then.  I would appreciate your prayers in the intervening time. Don't  ask how long it took to type this post.

 

my Buicks.jpg

 

 Dang it , Chuck, that sucks!  Praying for you.

 

  Ben

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 12:20 PM, 91vert said:

DneQPuwXgAEo9Hi.jpg

 

Actually saw this car several years ago in Del Mar, CA! It was a very nice car! Personally I don’t care for the wheels but everything else was top self!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Near the Pier in Leamington, Ontario 2005.

1177248389_1958Buick-LeamingtonAugust2005.thumb.jpg.733a25e77ed6e03ffd2aeb59dfcc524b.jpg

 

Out on the same Pier today (September 30, 2018)

IMG_3845.thumb.JPG.df15a2dfc6754316edc15a142eacdc83.JPG

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, g-g-g0 said:

 

Actually saw this car several years ago in Del Mar, CA! It was a very nice car! Personally I don’t care for the wheels but everything else was top self!

Apparently it was built for SEMA according to the decal on the windshield. Can’t make the name of the builder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elpad said:

Apparently it was built for SEMA according to the decal on the windshield. Can’t make the name of the builder.

 

Not to divert from the intent of this great thread but car was built by Timeless Customs, Camarillo, CA. Google 1957 Buick California Dreamin to see addition pictures as it was featured in Hot Rod Magazine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, CBloomberg said:

I haven't driven on public streets since September 1st due to a stroke that has limited my vision as well as my ability to read proficiently. I have been backing the cars out from garage to driveway and watch the temperature gauge rise to normal washing  off the dust and returning it to the garage.  Last Monday my eye doctor said to come back in 4 weeks so I am still hopeful I will be allowed to drive again then.  I would appreciate your prayers in the intervening time. Don't  ask how long it took to type this post.

 

my Buicks.jpg

Best of luck, Chuck!  Visual field defects can indeed sometimes resolve after strokes.

 

Handsome cars, especially that '67 LeSabre!

Edited by SBRMD (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GS front clip with firewall and dash, lengthened Sportwagon quarters, skylark door skins.

 

1377215_10151848798003459_2127651535_n.j

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 91vert said:

GS front clip with firewall and dash, lengthened Sportwagon quarters, skylark door skins.

 

1377215_10151848798003459_2127651535_n.j

I think its a real GS with the roof and bed molded in .

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 8:50 PM, CBloomberg said:

I haven't driven on public streets since September 1st due to a stroke that has limited my vision as well as my ability to read proficiently. I have been backing the cars out from garage to driveway and watch the temperature gauge rise to normal washing  off the dust and returning it to the garage.  Last Monday my eye doctor said to come back in 4 weeks so I am still hopeful I will be allowed to drive again then.  I would appreciate your prayers in the intervening time. Don't  ask how long it took to type this post.

 

 

Sorry to hear sir.  Hope all works out ok.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now